Available AAG1940 2cm Roundels Stickers

• Hi everybody!

Because I needed some 2cm country stickers for extra roundels I created a PDF,PSD and 300dpi JPEG with what I could find on the internet, plus an extra Nazi emblem.

Feel free to use it. You can download the package from my site: ZoneGamma

Thanks !
    AAG1940_Roundels_2cm-a.jpg

• Alpha can you reverse the Italian ones? Swapping the green with the red?

• @Noll:

Alpha can you reverse the Italian ones? Swapping the green with the red?

Frakk this is not the good one? let me check and replace it. Thanks !!

• @alphacentaurus:

@Noll:

Alpha can you reverse the Italian ones? Swapping the green with the red?

Frakk this is not the good one? let me check and replace it. Thanks !!

I made the changes. Thanks for the observation.

• where are the changes? the atilain one should have green in the middle. not red! the current one the the iran roundel.

• @cminke:

where are the changes? the atilain one should have green in the middle. not red! the current one the the iran roundel.

I can’t change the picture in my post. Go on my site you’ll see the red is in the middle. Thanks!

• is it possible for you to make a .TIFF  file of them as well?

• @cminke:

is it possible for you to make a .TIFF  file of them as well?

It is done. You can download it from my site I added it to the package.

• thanks man
    !!!

• @cminke:

thanks man
    !!!

I just have a question. Why tiff format? What do you want it for?

• because im gona get them printed on to plastic as roundels for my buddies board(simmiler to tiggerman77’s map)and .TIFF is the best for the printer

• @cminke:

because im gona get them printed on to plastic as roundels for my buddies board(simmiler to tiggerman77’s map)and .TIFF is the best for the printer

ok nice!! post a picture of the result please!

• Great job Alpha!!!

AL

• @crusaderiv:

Great job Alpha!!!

AL

Thanks a lot !!
    If you need things let me know I’ll make them…I’m a Photoshop enthousiast

• Customizer

Hello alphacentaurus.  I appreciate you letting us download your roundels template.  I wanted to share with you what I accomplished with them.  I wanted some Nazi roundels but had no place to find them.

What I did is downloaded your template and brought it up in a program called iphoto plus.  There I was able to change it from a sheet of 24 different roundels to 24 Nazi roundels, although I didn’t quite get it as straight as I wanted.  Some of the roundels were closer to each other than others were.  Then I printed them out using a 3.5x5" setting which shrunk the image down a little.  At 4x6", they were 2 cm and really too big.  At 3.5x5", they were actually a little smaller than I wanted but it worked for me.  Now the red ring simply has an outer white ring as well.  You see, 2 cm is a little bigger than either HBG’s roundels or WOTC’s roundels, which are about 1.8 - 1.9 cm or roughly 3/4".

Next, I printed them up on a self adhesive sheet that I use for mailing labels.  I took the cardboard backing off of a legal pad which I didn’t think was quite thick enough.  So I took a very thin sheet of cardboard and glued it to the thicker cardboard.  Together they were just about perfect.  I attached the self adhesive sheet to the cardboard then used a 3/4" steel hollow punch to punch them out.  Like I said before, some were a little close to each other so some of them ended up with a small “divet” on one side, but it didn’t affect the roundel itself, just the outer white circle.  Not all of them are totally centered either, but overall I think I did a pretty good job.  I ended up with 96 total.

I have half a mind to see if this is something I could actually sell to some other gamers.  Probably not though.  This was more of a fun project for myself.  Not sure if I would want to make it into some kind of business thing, however small it might be.  Plus, those small defects in certain of them that I mentioned probably wouldn’t go over very well with people that were actually paying for them.  So I would have to find some way of adjusting it so they all came out perfect, or close to it.

So, what do you think of them ?  I took 3 pics;  first showing them getting made, next is finished product and last in play on the game board.

Nazi roundels creation-sm.JPG
    Nazi roundels finished-sm.JPG
    Nazi roundels on board-sm.JPG

• @knp7765:

Hello alphacentaurus.  I appreciate you letting us download your roundels template.  I wanted to share with you what I accomplished with them.  I wanted some Nazi roundels but had no place to find them.

What I did is downloaded your template and brought it up in a program called iphoto plus.  There I was able to change it from a sheet of 24 different roundels to 24 Nazi roundels, although I didn’t quite get it as straight as I wanted.  Some of the roundels were closer to each other than others were.  Then I printed them out using a 3.5x5" setting which shrunk the image down a little.  At 4x6", they were 2 cm and really too big.  At 3.5x5", they were actually a little smaller than I wanted but it worked for me.  Now the red ring simply has an outer white ring as well.  You see, 2 cm is a little bigger than either HBG’s roundels or WOTC’s roundels, which are about 1.8 - 1.9 cm or roughly 3/4".

Next, I printed them up on a self adhesive sheet that I use for mailing labels.  I took the cardboard backing off of a legal pad which I didn’t think was quite thick enough.  So I took a very thin sheet of cardboard and glued it to the thicker cardboard.  Together they were just about perfect.  I attached the self adhesive sheet to the cardboard then used a 3/4" steel hollow punch to punch them out.  Like I said before, some were a little close to each other so some of them ended up with a small “divet” on one side, but it didn’t affect the roundel itself, just the outer white circle.  Not all of them are totally centered either, but overall I think I did a pretty good job.  I ended up with 96 total.

I have half a mind to see if this is something I could actually sell to some other gamers.  Probably not though.  This was more of a fun project for myself.  Not sure if I would want to make it into some kind of business thing, however small it might be.  Plus, those small defects in certain of them that I mentioned probably wouldn’t go over very well with people that were actually paying for them.  So I would have to find some way of adjusting it so they all came out perfect, or close to it.

So, what do you think of them ?  I took 3 pics;  first showing them getting made, next is finished product and last in play on the game board.

Wow I think you did a great job!

Using the large sticker sheet and using a punch is great if you want a lot of stickers or you don’t want to bother with the small sheets getting stuck in the printer…this is my main problem.

The reason why your roundels are not aligned is probably because your iphoto doesn’t have guides so you can align them properly…but it’s not an issue if you manage to punch them out correctly.

What I do is print the roundels on the Avery stickers and stick them on Bingo chips…strangely they are just the right size and thickness! Maybe I’ll try your technique to…I’ll give you some news.

Thanks for using them :)

• Customizer

Yes, you are right.  That is the problem with my iphoto program, no guides to keep them properly aligned.  However, I had another idea that might work for me if I ever need to make more.  I could simply delete one row and make a small sheet of 20 instead of 24.  That way I would have more space to move the rest in and they wouldn’t be so close.  Getting the punch centered just right is pretty tricky too.  Sometimes I could swear it looked just right then I punch it out and it’s just a bit off center.  Still looks good, just not perfect.

I’m glad you like my work.  I’ve already got a couple of ideas to make them even better.  I was thinking maybe this is something I might even be able to sell.  I know there were some other players that were interested in swastika roundels.  Maybe if some others wanted them but don’t want to go to the trouble of making them themselves.  For the moment, I need to research some supplies and try out my ideas to see what I can come up with in the way of a better finished product.

Thanks again for the original template.  I wouldn’t have even gotten this far if not for you.

• @knp7765:

Yes, you are right.  That is the problem with my iphoto program, no guides to keep them properly aligned.  However, I had another idea that might work for me if I ever need to make more.  I could simply delete one row and make a small sheet of 20 instead of 24.  That way I would have more space to move the rest in and they wouldn’t be so close.  Getting the punch centered just right is pretty tricky too.  Sometimes I could swear it looked just right then I punch it out and it’s just a bit off center.  Still looks good, just not perfect.

I’m glad you like my work.  I’ve already got a couple of ideas to make them even better.  I was thinking maybe this is something I might even be able to sell.  I know there were some other players that were interested in swastika roundels.  Maybe if some others wanted them but don’t want to go to the trouble of making them themselves.  For the moment, I need to research some supplies and try out my ideas to see what I can come up with in the way of a better finished product.

Thanks again for the original template.  I wouldn’t have even gotten this far if not for you.

No prob men. If you need some tips or something photoshop ask me. If you want to sell your roundels I thinks you’ll have to come with a process that is fast, cost effective and that offers a good product. I do free lance web programming at 40$ an hour so like you I don’t want to spend the evening is the basement for 2$ an hour ;p

• Customizer

Hey alphacentaurus,
    I managed to improve my roundels.  I did a little tinkering with the template so now the images are not too close together so I don’t get that little divet in some of them.  They all come out nice and circular.
    I’ve gotten better at punching them out too.  While some still come out slightly off-center, most of my roundels are almost perfectly centered.  Also, I now cover them with a sheet of plastic laminating.  This way the ink is protected in case a drop of liquid accidentally falls on it.  The ink won’t run, which was a problem I have had before when printing stuff on my printer.  Really messed up a couple of shipping labels when I took them out to mail in the rain.
    I’ve got two types of roundels:  a smaller image which has the entire red border plus a circle of white at the edge and a larger image which has just a little bit of the red border at the very edge of the roundel.  The image itself was too big for a 3/4" roundel.  I’m going to open up a new thread to see if anyone might be interested.  I’m asking $4.00 per set of 24 plus $2.70 shipping.  If people want more than one set, the shipping cost will stay the same.  They can just e-mail me at knp7765@sbcglobal.net and let me know which style they want and how many sets.  Then I will give them my Paypal address and we can go from there.
    Here are some pics–the two styles of roundels, next to HBG and WOTC roundels, and a random sampling of both styles to show that some might be a little off-center.
    Thanks again alphacentaurus for the original template.

Nazi Roundels 2-sm.JPG
    Nazi Roundels 3-sm.JPG
    Nazi Roundels 4-sm.JPG

• This very cool! They look nice. I believe you made all your costs calculations to come up with the 4$? Anyway if you’re proud of your work money is not the only thing here :)
    Good job men.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m