• If japan gets greedy and invades you J1 or J2, what would be the best way to handle the situation?  Whether you stack in amur and he rapes it, or you start to retreat and he invades anyway.
    Should you send some forces(couple armor/air) to directly contest/destroy his invasion force, or keep retreating and support china?  If you stacked in amur and he destroys your guys, what can you really do?  What have you guys done in your games?

• IMO - withdraw slowly and make him chase you while loosing some troops along the way. Then when getting close to the range of planes from Moscow - kill the remainder off and retake the land.
    Going after you deep into Russia unless coordinated with a large German push would just mean that Japan is giveing time to Calcutta to build up forces and to support China and throw Japan off the mainland.
    They do need to dedicate some resources to take out those 18 inf and it is a long way across Russia if only using 1 step movement.

I have considered trying a coordinated G1 and J1 attack on Russia, but haven’t had the opportunity yet.

• so its worth giving up the land to counter attack later?

• @ghr2:

so its worth giving up the land to counter attack later?

Absolutely YES

bring the 18inf back alongside the AA

you lose some territories but you gain 12IPCs and 59ipcs worth of troops. Japan is doing the Allies a favour, 'cause he will spend forces against Russia instead of Calcutta and Anzac.

• Customizer

I agree with Xandax. In our last game I was Japan and the Soviet player stacked along the Manchuria/Korea border. I sent everything that could reach and crushed him, he got 12IPC’s but had a totally open Eastern frontier. If he’d have pulled them back and brought a few tanks and planes to confront me on his terms it would have went better for the Allies.

• I use this strategy every time I play Russia.  In additon I build Mech Inf. in Calcutta so as to link up with Chinese and Russian forces as quick as possible.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m