• I am thinking about a change to France when it gets taken over. If on Germany’s first turn they take over all three French territories on mainland Europe, the rest of the French troops and ships not on the UK (inf and ftr) surrender (removed from the board) and all French territories (excluding FIC) become Neutral Pro-Axis with no troops associated with them? It gives the German’s incentive to commit more planes to eradicating french and less toward the British fleet. This will benefit Italy more than Germany, but there will also be one less Cruiser in the North Sea.

• Sorry this isn’t very accurate. Not French surrendered. Neither were all ships destroyed.

• True, the British sunk the French Navy. The current setup isn’t very true to history either.

• No what you are refering to is the attack on Mers-el-Kebir where British ships attacked Vichy french ships. In fact this was one of the only attacks. Some ships were inturned by the British Navy but most either stayed under Vichy control or joined the FFF (Free French Forces). Also the Pro-Axis setting is not very accurate. You see Vichy France was never officially allied with germany though they did fight together on some occasions. Last but not least (there is no actual need for this) you can’t have Vichy France without the FFF!!! Make some rules for them!

• If you wanted to go historical…
    When Germany takes France (and Normandy)-
    Southern France, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, French-Indo China, Syria, French Guiyana, and Madagascar become “Vichy” French and are no longer at war with Germany or Italy, but may be attacked by the Japanese or other Allies.  Tunisia goes to Italy.
    All French forces not in these territories (the Central African territories, the French Navy, and the French exiles in Britain) continue to fight on the Allies side.
    When France is liberated, all Vichy forces return to France.

• Yes we can’t be COMPLETELY accurate but thats pretty close. I made a very interesting Vichy and FFF rules. Want me to post em?

• Interesting you say? By all means, please post them.

• Alright when I have time. Right now I’m to busy with CoD 2 mods, Supremacy 1914 and RL.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m