• I believe I already I know the answer to this question, however, I do need total confirmation.  Can a retreating unit retreat into a adjacent hex that is in an EZOC, if friendly combat units are in that hex?  My first thought was yes, why wouldn’t a retreating unit seek friendly units when retreating.  However, the rules states that retreating unit cannot retreat into an EZOC, I was thinking possibly the friendly unit may negate the EZOC.  Does anyone have ruling on this.

Thanks, Zellars

• Nope. The unit can only go to a hex not in an enemy zone of control. Sometimes this means going  to the wrong edge of the board to find a safe hex but friendly units do not negate the hex needing to be free of enemy ZOC.

• Thanks for the respose, I had thought that was the case and if unable to retreat they are captured.

Regards, Zellars.

• I wish that I had read all responses, as I have just read an answer to this question.

Again, Thanks.

Regards, Zellars

• @Zellars:

I wish that I had read all responses, as I have just read an answer to this question.

Again, Thanks.

Regards, Zellars

We’ve pretty much been over it all on Bulge but it isn’t a big deal to re-answer stuff.

• I just bought a second hand copy of battle of the bulge and I’m reading the operation manual. Since english is not my mother tongue and since I didn’t find a solution in the dictionnary, I 've following question(s) : What does “grayed out” means on Page 16 : "It can’t retreat to a partial (grayed out) hex or off-board ? And what counts for a partial hex on the map ?
    Does anyone knows ?
    Tks

• Official Q&A

It’s talking about the hexes around the edge of the board that are not full hexes. Those are “out of bounds”, and are not part of the playing area.

“Grayed out” usually refers to a gray or subdued color scheme relative to the main color scheme of the map, document, computer screen, etc. In this case, it refers to the blue-gray color of the partial hexes (in many cases, merely a triangle) around the edges of the map. Note that there are some hexes on the edges that are not complete (but are mostly complete) that are not grayed out, and these are treated as normal, in-play hexes.

Hope this helps.

Also, if you haven’t done so already, check out the FAQ for more important info about the game,

• @krieghund Thank you again, Krieghund, for your quick answer like you did before on my questions in AA1942 and Anniversary edition. And no , i did not have yet the FAQ for Battle of the Bulge. Tks a lot, I’ll play the game next WE with my brother. Regards

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m