• Hi All,

A friend of mine just picked up AAP40 and we plan on playing this weekend and was wondering which setup and rules we should be using?  I have played Global a few times with Alpha .2.

Thanks.

• Official Q&A

You could use the box rules.  They work perfectly well if you restrict Japan from declaring war on turn one.

You could also use the Alpha rules, using NOs 1-4 for the US.  However, these are still a work in progress, so they may not be completely balanced.

It depends on whether you want to use the rules you’re used to, even if there may be a balance problem.

• I think I would prefer to use the Alpha rules.  I plan on using the global Alpha +2.  I assume this is what you mean?

Edit (again):  Ok, so I tried to use alpha, but I do have a couple of questions if anyone can help out.  Does the US get the OOB IPC set with 17 to start +40 when they go to war?  Also, it seems that only US NO’s that are applicable to the Pacific are 2-4, not 1-4.  Just a little confused on NO’s and income I guess for the US.

• @Graunie:

I think I would prefer to use the Alpha rules.  I plan on using the global Alpha +2.  I assume this is what you mean?

Edit (again):  Ok, so I tried to use alpha, but I do have a couple of questions if anyone can help out.  Does the US get the OOB IPC set with 17 to start +40 when they go to war?  Also, it seems that only US NO’s that are applicable to the Pacific are 2-4, not 1-4.  Just a little confused on NO’s and income I guess for the US.

NO 1 is used as the Western US becomes the whole of the Continental US shown on the Pac Map.  So rather than WUS, CUS, and EUS, it’s just WUS.

They do not receive +40.  The +40 represents the OOB national objective.  It should not have ever been printed on the map (as it doesn’t apply in global and it the map should not graphically represent objectives).

There is some difference in opinion on the boards whether the US  has enough income in the theater games (in particular Pac40 as the territory is far reduced in value vs Europe).  If you find that the US cannot effectively keep up with Japan after losing the peripheral, you can arguably throw them objective 5 as a token, considering they would still control those territories (provided the US still controls Mexico) in the same manner that they still control the phantom territories in NO 1.

• Wow, so in alpha you just have to use the NO’s to boost US economy?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m