• Hi
    how are unit’s cost calculated?
    is it there a formula (attack value+defend valute+speed+hits*whatever)? or have unit’s cost just have been adjusted from time to time and nobody really knows right now?
    thanks

(I’m considering not allowing strategic-bombers to attack naval units as a house rule but I guess then I should modify their value somehow)

• '10

@Gallo:

Hi
    how are unit’s cost calculated?
    is it there a formula (attack value+defend valute+speed+hits*whatever)? or have unit’s cost just have been adjusted from time to time and nobody really knows right now?
    thanks

(I’m considering not allowing strategic-bombers to attack naval units as a house rule but I guess then I should modify their value somehow)

In our house rules we have the bombers attacking naval units at a one. Been using this rule for some time.

• @Fishmoto37:
      In our house rules we have the bombers attacking naval units at a one. Been using this rule for some time.

Have you modified bomber’s cost or have you just leave it in 12?

• '10

@Gallo:

@Fishmoto37:

Have you modified bomber’s cost or have you just leave it in 12?
    Still at twelve.

• Ran into the question

Thought about reducing Bombers vs Naval Units
    ( I thought hitting on a one was good )
    but should they still cost 12?

It did not seem right …but selling them for Tac Bomber or fighter cost seemed wierd
    So rather then reducing price I thought about augmenting something else.

Came up with:

Cost: 14
    Attack: 4 / 1 vs Naval units
    Defense: 1
    Range: 6
    Takes 1 hit to reduce attack by 2 / and cannot proceed with an SBR
    Takes 2 hits to destroy

• '10

@Darby:

Ran into the question

Thought about reducing Bombers vs Naval Units
    ( I thought hitting on a one was good )
    but should they still cost 12?

It did not seem right …but selling them for Tac Bomber or fighter cost seemed wierd
    So rather then reducing price I thought about augmenting something else.

Came up with:

Cost: 14
    Attack: 4 / 1 vs Naval units
    Defense: 1
    Range: 6
    Takes 1 hit to reduce attack by 2 / and cannot proceed with an SBR
    Takes 2 hits to destroy

The whole idea of limiting bombers to a one against ships at sea is to be a little more realistic. With bombers leaving an air base they have seven moves. With the limited number of sea zones on AA maps the bombers destroying fleets in the middle of the ocean just does not work. My thinking is the OOB rules for bombers attacking everything on the map at a four are broken. Just tweaking the rules a little makes the game a little better and no change in the cost is needed. The bomber is still a valuable asset at twelve IPCs.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m