• the other day i landed some German planes in Italy to scramble against the U.K.in the Mediterranean.My fellow gamers didn’t like  the idea that even after , Germany has completed their movement that they could move again in a combat situation.I know the rules are open to interpretations.I’ve looked at the scrambling rules and didnt find where it says that fighters and tactical bombers can scramble after doing combat or noncombat.If I could have some clarification for this issue…… they think that I pull rules out of my hat

• I would agree with your opponents, if you were scrambling on your turn.  However, to scramble it must be in def of a sz during your opponents turn.  Tell them it is the same as landing on a friendly carrier.  Would a Germ ftr on an Italian carrier get to defend itself?  Yes!

The new scrambling rules are a bit confusing, but once you get the method down it becomes quite obvious.

• Official Q&A

@JimmyHat:

Tell them it is the same as landing on a friendly carrier.  Would a Germ ftr on an Italian carrier get to defend itself?  Yes!

Exactly.  Do your friends complain if Italy scrambles its own fighters to defend the sea zone?  If Italian fighters can scramble before or after moving, why can’t German fighters do it?

• Thanks and no they dont complain about scrambling for defence of their own sz. Scrambling has taken some getting used to. They didnt like when I used German fighters in combat and noncombat and landed them in Italy, Then when U.K.attacked Italy in sz 97 I wanted to scramble the German fighters and this what caused confusion. The aircraftcarrier is a good example.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m