5th Japanese Pacific NO should be offered to UK as well>

• Below is the fifth Japanese NO. Does anyone think it shoud be a British one as well?

5. Collect 5 IPCs per turn for Axis control of all of the following territories: Sumatra, Java, Borneo and Celebes. Theme: Strategic resource centers.

• Maybe. Its all about balance though not historical accuracy.

• I’m glad they removed that one in the global. There is enough incentives for the allies to take the islands. They provide quite a boost for the small economies around them.

• @Idi:

Below is the fifth Japanese NO. Does anyone think it shoud be a British one as well?

5. Collect 5 IPCs per turn for Axis control of all of the following territories: Sumatra, Java, Borneo and Celebes. Theme: Strategic resource centers.

Lets seriously look at the starting IPC’s first…

Japan: 26  (36 not at war)

USA: 26 (at start / even building… 36 at war)
    India: 17  (22 for holding territories/at war)
    Anzac: 10  (20 with Dutch/at war)
    China: 12 (18 with Burma)

Can we honestly tell ourselves the allies need more N.O.'s?  If the Allies keep their N.O.'s when they go to war… combined will have 96 IPC.  Japan actually LOSES a bonus when war starts… so they go back down to 26.

If you really want India to have more of an advantage over Japan, bring down their Mediterranean fleet and grab the Dutch islands.  They’ll be making 34 IPC… that’s what the USA is dumping into the Pacific!  :cry:

• I think that NO is historical correct.

The DEI produced a lot of crude oil during WWII and that made it valuable. But you have to refine crude oil into gas and diesel before you can put it on your tanks and trucks, so since DEI is a short way from Japan, this oil was more valuable to Japan, that could put it to good use in no time, than to USA or Europe that had to sail the crude oil to the other side of the globe in order to refine it to gas and diesel, and then sail it back again to use it in trucks and tanks at the frontier. Now I remember we had this dicussion at Larry’s forum like 5 years ago, so this NO is historical. For game balance Larry gave the Tricky Nippers a lot of planes, man.

• @Razor:

I think that NO is historical correct.

The DEI produced a lot of crude oil during WWII and that made it valuable. But you have to refine crude oil into gas and diesel before you can put it on your tanks and trucks, so since DEI is a short way from Japan, this oil was more valuable to Japan, that could put it to good use in no time, than to USA or Europe that had to sail the crude oil to the other side of the globe in order to refine it to gas and diesel, and then sail it back again to use it in trucks and tanks at the frontier.

So your trying to tell me Australia had no refineries?

• '14

@Idi:

@Razor:

I think that NO is historical correct.

The DEI produced a lot of crude oil during WWII and that made it valuable. But you have to refine crude oil into gas and diesel before you can put it on your tanks and trucks, so since DEI is a short way from Japan, this oil was more valuable to Japan, that could put it to good use in no time, than to USA or Europe that had to sail the crude oil to the other side of the globe in order to refine it to gas and diesel, and then sail it back again to use it in trucks and tanks at the frontier.

So your trying to tell me Australia had no refineries?

I’m sure they did, but what was their refining capacity. I think the Allies are stacked enough, without the extra NO

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m