• Has Crete or Cyprus ever come into play in anyone’s games? I have never seen it come into play in games I’ve played in.

• Never in any game I’ve played

• Cyprus is a good landing zone for British air after making a strafe of under-protected Italian transports.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I’ve invaded Cyprus, and Iceland before, to prevent the British NO, regarding the retainment of all starting territories for +5.

It seemed to make a difference, but that was a bit of a 1 off game.

• Ozeta’s 1941 setup involves Crete under Allie conrol. I don’t see a reason for cyprus in it though.

• '21 '18

@cressman8064:

Cyprus is a good landing zone for British air after making a strafe of under-protected Italian transports.

I did it three times against two different italian players. Very frustrating for them, especially when I did it for a second time on one of them :-D.

• take cypress to eliminate the UK NO.  -Like Gargantua said.  It can be a situation where the UK has enough ground forces to recapture any tt’s the axis take in afr/persia, but no transports in the med.  Makes the UK divert a disproportionate amount of force to recapture it.

• Landed some US bombers there in some of the earlier AAG40 games I’ve had.  You can reach from England to hit SZ 97 and land there.  Might work as a softener attack before the UK turn, opponent probably won’t expect that attack from England.  Can’t say that it won me the game though.

• @SgtBlitz:

Landed some US bombers there in some of the earlier AAG40 games I’ve had.  You can reach from England to hit SZ 97 and land there.  Might work as a softener attack before the UK turn, opponent probably won’t expect that attack from England.  Can’t say that it won me the game though.

Sure didn’t - part of the problem was that I could attack the naked bombers.  And with the 100% bomber builds you were making, I needed to bleed them off wherever I could, and if the Italians can take a little of the punishment……  That’s what I want.

Miss playin’ you Sarge!  Bad and I are still teaming up and now playing Alpha2!  You should go look up “buy 3 techs with ANZAC” and “throw away my Russian stacks” Calvin and re-match us!  :-)

I still play those hell marches once in awhile - I got those from you, didn’t I?

• as italy i got attacked by uk and uk-planes landed on cyprus. kind of annoying those islands. that´s why i occupy them if necessary just for protecting unprotected italian transports. helped a lot letting survive them.

but: it is no standard move to get these islands, though the denial of the NO is a good point to consider… :D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m