• I’m new enough to this game that I could learn a lot from some of your collective experience. There seem to be a fair number of smart folks and seasoned warriors here.

What are the best USA Peacetime buys ( turns 1-3)
    I realize these will be influenced by other events mainly Axis behavior.

So what do you buy when:

A) Japan keeps the peace and plows/slogs thru China approaching Burma/India and Southernish Russia in the process while posturing their fleet in the Carolines.

Germany carefully consolidates France, strongly supports Italy in the Med, and builds for a Russian push, probably maintaining a decent Submarine presence.

B) Japan attacks Russia early. (and goes strong vs China ) but doesn’t provoke Britian or USA directly

Germany threatens a convincing Sea Lion.

C) Japan attacks Britian/USA  hard on J1 ignoring China. 
    Germany sends all vs British fleet to the point of sparing Normandy, but is making strong Naval buys.

• Basically, unless Germany is going sealionn right off the bat, you should spend the peacetime Ipcs on a navy to keep Japan’s in check.  Try to have like 4 or 5 carriers full of fighters/tacs, a couple extra bships, and then some subs and destroyers for cannon fodder/anti sub duty.  If Germany is going for sealion you might need to build a small navy and some transports in the atlantic in order to take out italy’s monopoly in the med if the british pull everything back to the UK.  If Germany succeeds, then (I may be corrected about this) you would need to focus on a large transport fleet to retake britain.

• Thanks .

How do you get the large anti-Japanesse Navy ?

I can only buy 9 total pieces
    (and only 3 in WUS)

a Loaded Carrier a turn would be 4 total I Guess so that’s close:
    cost is 37 per loaded Carrier allows 15 / turn for the Atlantic Side
    maybe a dd and a tt each turn ???

• @Darby:

Thanks .

How do you get the large anti-Japanesse Navy ?

I can only buy 9 total pieces
    (and only 3 in WUS)

a Loaded Carrier a turn would be 4 total I Guess so that’s close:
    cost is 37 per loaded Carrier allows 15 / turn for the Atlantic Side
    maybe a dd and a tt each turn ???

Build three ships in Western US and build the planes in Eastern or Central.

• That’s a Good Idea !

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m