• iam gonna play alpha+2  global game with my friends. Iam gonna play as germany and go for barbarossa so what turn should i start the invasion .

• ok i thought that round 3 would be best but i got confused of post saying somethiing of round 1 attack.

• It depends on whether you go for London or not. If you dont, which IMHO is the way to go, I try to go on turn 2.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

If you are planning to ONLY go for Russia, then go in Germany 2.

Shock and Awe, keep as many planes as you can, keep you navy in the baltic region, with an extra transport or two.

Focus mostly on a SOUTHERN campaign, cut right through the south east to the caucasus.

Only use your norhtern forces / navy, to take Karelia for the $.  The real strike at moscow will come from CAU and the south.

Good luck my German little brother.

• do i really have enough forces if i attack on turn 2

• Hey mantelfan, this thread is a bit outdated, but how do you survive and thrive as Italy?  Doesn’t England go all out with forces already on the board for domination of the Med?  That seems to be the current in my games.  Any advice would be appreciated.

• @Gargantua:

If you are planning to ONLY go for Russia, then go in Germany 2.

Shock and Awe, keep as many planes as you can, keep you navy in the baltic region, with an extra transport or two.

Focus mostly on a SOUTHERN campaign, cut right through the south east to the caucasus.

Only use your norhtern forces / navy, to take Karelia for the $.  The real strike at moscow will come from CAU and the south.

Good luck my German little brother.

The Ukrainian IC is ripe for the picking, anyone going North doesn’t get paid as much>

• Hi ,

Went Russia r2, but I bought german bomber r2 as part of a plan. 2 bombers bomb moscow r3, Japs have got to get Jap units across north China and Build an airbase r3 with Japs to place  in suiyuyan and by r4  4 Jap bombers fly from suiyuyan and Bomb Moscow Hopefully Max two fighter there. Then land in leningrad if like me you just took it with the germans. First German bombing run was great I did 9 damage off moscow just as leningrads was falling to my ground forces . Then  r4 german bombers go in, did 5 damage bad rolls, Japs also go in with 4 bombers he gets lucky with AA and gets 2 hits but I still do 5 damage which is disappointig but none the less these Jap bombers are restricting USSR’s chances to defend itself. I was unlucky as he then rolled two AA hits the next round but anyway even so I dont care because as of now it has denied russia right at the crucial time because now at the begining of r6 I have 9 inf 22 Mec 8 art 16 tanks 2 fighters, 3 tactical bombers  and 1 bomber that can attack moscow which has 48 inf and 9 art defending. His Mec army of 4 tanks and 3 mec are in china. so cant counter straight away. He can only counter with 3 mec 2 fight 1 tac. The men removed from this bombing move has really helped and it could have been so much more devestating if he wasnt so lucky. I attack Moscow tonight I hope to win it with 5-8 tanks left and that luck goes my way tonight. He wants me to break myself on moscow but I cant believe He has flown out his planes. I have to go Now it’s my best chance. I recomend axis players consider this use for jap bombers it adds much more immediate help to Axis war effort. We are still playing with the original rules as well not alpha.

• Took Moscow R6 and still have 16 tanks & 3 Art left i got lucky and did way better then i thought. His USA forces have just built a IC major in Norway & He has invested heavily against Jap with Yanks commiting to a major operation in the soviet far east North pacific. I need only now take calcutta and cairo after I take starlingrad. He could have put up a much better fight If he still had the 2 russian fighters in there with the Tac plus He also had 3 pommy fighters there as well but moved them the round before I attacked. He has flown his planes over to Russian Eastern force which he has left over in the east, who at some stage will probably try to join up with theUSA forces in Soviet far east. He said he wanted germany to be a monster and that He basicaly let me take Moscow, but I think He may have been in trouble even if he had everything He could put in. At the beginning I bought mec units for Italy and sent 2 mec 2 tanks & 2 art plus a fighter to help the germans on the Eastern front. These guys can put pressure on a one man blocker defence technique utilised by the soviets but also stuff with your opponents head. It looks like He’s got a real challenage for himself. I do kind of wish He had tried to defend moscow with all He had as I would have liked to seen my strategy up against it. Buy Mec Units Germany Don

• German Strategy
    Buy Bomber first turn. Dont bomb R1 Start campaign strategic Bombing campaign R2 .Also there is a Chance Russian fighters wont be in Moscow.Buy tank and Mec units as well.
    Then R2 buy 5-6 Inf for Paris and rest on Mec and then same again go after go. Find Mec Move To East front quick dont waste time on Industrial complexs.Drive for Leniongrad with Main force first via inland route not Baltic coast as this can force a retreat by Leningrad defenders.

JAPS- Keep 4 jap bombers for bombing moscow. Drive jap land force thru north china. R3 build a Airbase in suiyuyan R4 Start bombing Moscow with 4 bombers. Meanwhile You’ve kept up your Bombing with the two german bombers- This wrecks havoc with USSR right at its time of crisis and realy limits what they can put in. Also be moving bulk of forces against russian front as well. This plan has worked for me even when the worst luck happened to my bombers. I still did enough damage for it to be effective.It also demoralises the Russian who are already coming to terms with an early German attack on R2.

• @Chesty:

German Strategy
    Buy Bomber first turn. Dont bomb R1 Start campaign strategic Bombing campaign R2 .Also there is a Chance Russian fighters wont be in Moscow.Buy tank and Mec units as well.
    Then R2 buy 5-6 Inf for Paris and rest on Mec and then same again go after go. Find Mec Move To East front quick dont waste time on Industrial complexs.Drive for Leniongrad with Main force first via inland route not Baltic coast as this can force a retreat by Leningrad defenders.

JAPS- Keep 4 jap bombers for bombing moscow. Drive jap land force thru north china. R3 build a Airbase in suiyuyan R4 Start bombing Moscow with 4 bombers. Meanwhile You’ve kept up your Bombing with the two german bombers- This wrecks havoc with USSR right at its time of crisis and realy limits what they can put in. Also be moving bulk of forces against russian front as well. This plan has worked for me even when the worst luck happened to my bombers. I still did enough damage for it to be effective.It also demoralises the Russian who are already coming to terms with an early German attack on R2.

Is an airbase necessary here?  Am I missing something?

• Yes the airbase is neccesary because this allows the jap planes to fly the seven spaces needed to land in Leningrad and the space below it which I cant remember the name. I think suiyuyan is perfect as its a good distance back from the russian mec forces moving from moscow but it also still allows planes from there good movement down to the burma china boarder but back up towards the far east. I was trying to do it without an airbase originaly but it was important and if you land in leningrad you can fly back all the way to suiyuyan and just keep on doing bombing runs until he has to many interceptors.This coupled with the german attack worked well. I think round 2 is early enough but I might try the same thing but on round 1 and take out those ruskies on the front before they have a chance to retreat. I dont know though. this is what i did in the game I m playig now.R1 France, Finland, bulgaria, R2 Yugo, Greece, Russia(strategic Bomb as well). R6 in Moscow need starlingrad got 27 dollars off the ruskies.My opponent is doing some crazy stuff so will see what happens. :mrgreen:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m