AAG40 2v2 - Alpha +2 - National Objectives - Special Rules?

• Looking to start a game up, 2v2 or more. I’d prefer no tech but would use it if the majority prefers.

I would be interested in adding some special rules to spice up the game. My 3 suggestions are:

1. Only nations within the neutral block change allegiance if a strict neutral in their block are attacked.
      South American Block: Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile
      African Block: Rio de Oro, Portuguese Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Angola, Mozambique
      European Block: Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden
      Middle Eastern Block: Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan
      Asian Block: Mongolia

2. The submarine’s submerge ability is canceled by a destroyer on a one-to-one basis.

3. Mechanized infantry’s attack is boosted by tanks or artillery +1 on a 1-1 basis. Max is still 2 attack.

• I’d join in if I weren’t trying to concentrate on getting a cert. No new games for me. I’ll probably watch.

Is it just the submerge ability that doesn’t get canceled? Not first strike?

It will be interesting to see how the neutrals go. I’m thinking it benefits Allies far more than Axis.

• I would like to try it I guess.

• @Kobu:

I’d join in if I weren’t trying to concentrate on getting a cert. No new games for me. I’ll probably watch.

Is it just the submerge ability that doesn’t get canceled? Not first strike?

It will be interesting to see how the neutrals go. I’m thinking it benefits Allies far more than Axis.

No worries, for subs all it means is that destroyers can prevent subs from submerging on a 1-1 basis. 1 destroyer still cancels the first strike, and ability to be hit by planes for any number of subs. The idea is to make it subs a bit more “slippery” so that 1 destroyer and support can’t wipe out 5 subs in 1 go.

I’ve played 1 other game with neutral blocks and no one ended up invading any neutrals surprisingly. It might help the allies more, but if the Axis can get in a dominant position in the mideast they can snatch up Saudia Arabia and Turkey in 1 round.

@ghr2:

I would like to try it I guess.

Sounds good, any thoughts on the special rules? And what country do you want to play?

• I am in. :-)
    Turkey has 8 inf there… it’s really a tough shell to knock.

1. The submarine’s submerge ability is canceled by a destroyer on a one-to-one basis.
      –> I am a little confused here.
      let’s say I attack with 3SS, and you have 1DD. does it mean that I can submerge 2 of them before the battle begin? looks like the same is also true if the attacker and defender role is reverse.

• @TITANS:

I am in. :-)
    Turkey has 8 inf there… it’s really a tough shell to knock.

1. The submarine’s submerge ability is canceled by a destroyer on a one-to-one basis.
      –> I am a little confused here.
      let’s say I attack with 3SS, and you have 1DD. does it mean that I can submerge 2 of them before the battle begin? looks like the same is also true if the attacker and defender role is reverse.

Excellent! Yea, Turkey is really hard to take out. I was Germany in the last game with neutral blocks and my intent was to swing down through the Turkey to the Caucasus but I couldn’t make it happen. I had to swing my forces up to the Eastern front to deal with Russia’s forces and never managed to get back to taking Turkey.

That’s right, in that scenario you can submerge 2 ss before my 1 dd (and any supporting forces) get to fire.

Let’s say your 3 ss were attacking 1 dd, 1 ac, 2 ftr, your submarines could attack for 1 round of combat, and however many survive the returning fire could then submerge (minus 1 if I still had a destroyer present).

It seems that in most games submarines get split up into 1 per seazone so that the enemy can’t take them all out at once. The new rule allows submarines to stay in a group and still survive.

My side goal is to allow Germany an alternative to Sealion if it wants to weaken the UK, this way it can build a large amount of submarines and force the UK to build matching destroyers if it wants to take them out. Right now Germany basically has 2 options, attack Russia, or attack London and then attack Russia. Hopefully this gives them an historically accurate alternative.

Just thought of another rule I’d be interested in trying out. In an amphibious landing the attacking player can allot certain warships to shore bombardment, and others to clear the sea zone. It seems stupid to me that 1 destroyer can stop 4 battleships from conducting bombardment and killing it. If a player gets too cocky and doesn’t allocate enough resources to clear the sea-zone then the amphibious forces can’t land. Might make for some interesting situations with scrambling as well.

We can figure out who wants to play and then decide which rules we want to try out. Feel free to suggest any of your own.

• The rules i am fine with, it’s just a game and its fine to experiment in it.  I would like Axis, preferably Japan.  but as allies, Id be fine with USSR.  USSR and USA are controlled by the same player in a 2v2 right? If so, I’d like and experienced teamate to discuss strategy with since I’ve only played 2 games before and currently doing my 3rd.

• @ghr2:

The rules i am fine with, it’s just a game and its fine to experiment in it.  I would like Axis, preferably Japan.  but as allies, Id be fine with USSR.  USSR and USA are controlled by the same player in a 2v2 right? If so, I’d like and experienced teamate to discuss strategy with since I’ve only played 2 games before and currently doing my 3rd.

If we get 5 players we may do 3 allies and 2 axis. No worries about the experienced part, we should be able to even out the experience levels for each team.

• thanks, message me when we get enough players.

• @ghr2:

thanks, message me when we get enough players.

Will do, my preference is to play allies this game. I don’t really care what power although I’d like the UK.

• allies preferred.

another idea around sub could be, sub will be stopped by DD on a one-one basis too.
    basically the rationale is the same as Wonko’s idea.
    hopeful that would allow a more aggressive play in the atlantic sea too. :-)

• I’m in if you need. Would love to be Germany or Japan, but I’ll takes what I can gets.

• we got 4 now, do we want to wait for a 5th?

• @TITANS:

another idea around sub could be, sub will be stopped by DD on a one-one basis too.
    basically the rationale is the same as Wonko’s idea.
    hopeful that would allow a more aggressive play in the atlantic sea too. :-)

Sounds good, it goes along with the submerging idea as well.

@Jercules:

I’m in if you need. Would love to be Germany or Japan, but I’ll takes what I can gets.

Great, why don’t you take Germany.

So now we have:

Alpha +2 - National Objectives, No Tech

Jercules - Germany/Italy
    ghr2 - Japan
    Titans - Russia/USA/China
    Wonko - UK/ANZAC/France

Optional rules:

1. Only nations within the neutral block change allegiance if a strict neutral in their block are attacked.
      South American Block: Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile
      African Block: Rio de Oro, Portuguese Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Angola, Mozambique
      European Block: Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden
      Middle Eastern Block: Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan
      Asian Block: Mongolia

2. The submarine’s submerge and pass through hostile sea zone abilities are canceled by a destroyer on a one-to-one basis.

3. Mechanized infantry’s attack is boosted by tanks or artillery +1 on a 1-1 basis. Max is still 2 attack.

@ghr2:

we got 4 now, do we want to wait for a 5th?

I’ll start up the game, if someone joins the thread and wants to play Russia before Titan’s first round then they can take it.

Link below:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=22685.0

• Do you want another team game Sergeant?
    If so i can join.

• wow soo many inactive people

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m