• Do the attack value for pairings stay the same when the unit that allows it is taken as a casualty?
    For example, if I’m attacking something with a fighter and a tac, and i choose the fighter as a casualty, does the tac remain at 4 for the next roll?

Also, can planes keep attacking subs once the destroyer is destroyed?

• @YHZ:

Do the attack value for pairings stay the same when the unit that allows it is taken as a casualty?
    For example, if I’m attacking something with a fighter and a tac, and i choose the fighter as a casualty, does the tac remain at 4 for the next roll?

Also, can planes keep attacking subs once the destroyer is destroyed?

Welcome to A&A.org!

No and no.  Each round of battle you look at what you have.  If you have a tac with no fighter or tank, it’s attacking at 3 (if a fighter or tank was lost in the previous round of battle, you’re immediately down to a 3).  Same with artillery pairings.

When you go into a round of battle with no destroyers, you have now lost your capability to hit subs.  This can work to your advantage, too.  If you take off all destroyers, then your opponent can’t choose subs for your plane hits.  Make sure you separate your plane and boat rolls for this reason.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m