• can USA declare war on Germany, and Still be neutral to japan?

And

The movement restrictions for the USA in the pacific, is it just the sea zones where the island resides or is it the sea zones adjacent as well?

• Official Q&A

@Peck:

can USA declare war on Germany, and Still be neutral to japan?

Yes, but I don’t know why it would want to.  In such a case, by the way, it would no longer be a neutral power, so it could move units into other Allied powers’ territories, use their bases, etc.

@Peck:

The movement restrictions for the USA in the pacific, is it just the sea zones where the island resides or is it the sea zones adjacent as well?

Just the sea zone that the island is in.

• @Krieghund:

Yes, but I don’t know why it would want to.

I guess it must be in one of the rare cases when one person play both USA and Japan. Would make sense in a 3-player game, where player A is Germany/Italy, player B is UK/ANZAC/China/France and player C is USA/Japan. But as I said, not a very common case.

• In exactly what situation would one person play USA and Japan???  Why would someone play both sides?

• Customizer

I think in a 3 player game, player 1 would play Germany, Italy and Japan, player 2 would play USA, USSR and China and player 3 would play UK, ANZAC and France.  That seems to me to be the best way to split it up.

• @acampo22:

In exactly what situation would one person play USA and Japan???  Why would someone play both sides?

Usually in tournament play with individual victory conditions. You play as USA and of course you want the Allied side to win, but since an individual winner will be choosen, by comparing the % gain in income, you may want to play Japan as well just to keep your other allies at bay. Get my point ?

• TripleA

wow that’s a strange tournament Razor. Usually tournaments are 1v1 and more often than not use low luck rules.

• Not in Sweden, Cow

• Usually in tournament play with individual victory conditions. You play as USA and of course you want the Allied side to win, but since an individual winner will be choosen, by comparing the % gain in income, you may want to play Japan as well just to keep your other allies at bay. Get my point ?

So in an effort to gain the most % increase in IPC you control 2 opposing powers???  So since you won’t attack yourself Japan is free to run amok in Asia with no fear of attack from the US.  Also, allows the US to focus all efforts on Europe?

Sorry, that’s some seriously strange rules…

• Yes for sure, but it is very efficient too. I won a lot of games that way, man.

• I’m sure your opponents appreciated that advantage…

• I’ve had a lot of fun with rules variants, including free-for-all situations. And I know tournament rules can get very exacting/creative, but the OOB rules are very clear about how to distribute powers among the various numbers of players possible.  No offense intended, but if the rules you’re playing allow for US and Japan to be played by the same player, you’re not playing Axis and Allies Global 1940 anymore.

• @Krieghund:

Yes, but I don’t know why it would want to.

It might be usefull to get past some of japans navy.  It’s always good to know what options are avaiable.

If USA is not netrual in this case I guess movement restrictions dont apply!?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m