• Do you people play with the 5th rule in alpha 2+? the one where axis is victorious if they hold 6 VC in pacific or 8 VC in Europe?
    Wouldnt that be a little to easy? i mean if Japan goes really hard on russia, so does germany. and italy takes cairo?
    then they would have 8 in europe after a while. wouldn that be a little to easy?

• My friends and I actually do not play with victory cities - its surrender or die! :evil:

• '10

No, that’s far from being that easy…I play with the victory cities and it’s not at all an automatic axis win.

Also, if, as you say, Japan goes really hard after Russia, then UKIndia and Anzac are not under big japanese pressure, so, American don’t have to invest as much in the pacific theater and Germany will have to deal with 2 fronts much sooner.

When you play against an experienced player, there is no such thing as an easy win for the axis.

• USA can take Egypt back, all UK and USA need to do is bankrupt Italy via convoy, and bye bye Europe win.  Japan is fooked because they focused everything on Russia.  Too much USA focus on 1 problem leads to a quick solution.

However, if you present multiple problems for the USA, then the Axis start to get things accomplished.  :-P

• @Gisle111:

Wouldnt that be a little to easy? i mean if Japan goes really hard on russia, so does germany. and italy takes cairo?

Isn’t that the basic strategy dating back all the way to classic?  Don’t get me wrong, it has worked marvelously in an awful lot of AA games and been a repeated thorn in the designers sides… but then the Soviets did lose 120 million people in the war…

I wouldn’t say it’s an easy victory, heck, setting up the board isn’t easy with Global, but I have seen it give more play to both sides.  The US does need to find more balance in their spending more often, depending on players’ choices.

I hate counting victory cities, so I cut off the heads and take capitals.  it’s much easier to pick up those victory cities after the enemy tanks stop rolling in your way…  have to be a +3 fix…

• TripleA

After india and china as japan I get russian/nuetral spots for extra income, while I work on those last few VCs.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m