• Hi guys

I have two questions after playing the game with my friend last night.

1. While Moscow is caputred but the Novosibisk is not, is Russia still able to place two infantry units in Novosibirsk in its turn?

2. The situation is this: British took over one of the friendly neutral territoy. Couple arounds after, London was captured by German. Does British still own the control of that friendly neutral territory? Or US can take over from British and gain the OC from that territory?

Thanks

1. No.

2. UK maintains control until taken by an axis power.  At that point, and only at that point, the US could retake it and would have control of it.  And the UK would only be able to regain control after an axis power took it again, and then the UK retook it.

• I thought nations could temporarily claim territories of defeated nations.  It would mainly apply to France, but it could apply to some others as well.  I’ll have to check the rules.

• Official Q&A

@Ruanek:

I thought nations could temporarily claim territories of defeated nations.

Only by recapturing them from the enemy.

• @Krieghund:

@Ruanek:

I thought nations could temporarily claim territories of defeated nations.

Only by recapturing them from the enemy.

I could have sworn the UK could occupy French Indo-China to get its 2 IPCs.  And occupying territories controlled by powers whose capital is taken is similar in the concept for occupying the Dutch East Indies.

In any case, what’s the logic behind not being able to occupy friendly territories whose capital is taken but being able to do it after liberating it from the enemy?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

It’s to increase the strategic pain of losing a capital.  And in some cases, you would WANT to lose your capital so as to allow other countries to become monstorous.

It can really mess with the dynamics of the game if you start allowing people to just “confiscate” territories.

• Official Q&A

@Ruanek:

I could have sworn the UK could occupy French Indo-China to get its 2 IPCs.  And occupying territories controlled by powers whose capital is taken is similar in the concept for occupying the Dutch East Indies.

Nope.  Dutch territories are a special case.

@Ruanek:

In any case, what’s the logic behind not being able to occupy friendly territories whose capital is taken but being able to do it after liberating it from the enemy?

What Gargantua said.  Also, it’s not nice to kick your friends when they’re down and plunder their territories.  Besides, what if there are still units belonging to your ally in the territory?  Will they just let you walk in and take over?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m