You all know my stance and my Screen name 8) …

Idea’s?..

• I like the idea of guerillas, but personally, my favorite country being Russia, I like to call them “partisans”. I’ve been trying to work out a way to successfully use them for a while now.

• Umm… can’t say I ever heard of them…

In reality or Game?

• What? Partisans? It’s just a fancy term for the Russians that weren’t in the army but wanted to help Mother Russia anyhow. They committed various acts of sabotage and generally made life hell for the Germans in whatever ways possible. :wink:

there vice versa…use the term you like…

• 2007 AAR League

Can someone explain to me how you can do this? Thanks :D .

depends on which one you want to play with…

don’t own any of the trilogy AaA… but have played AaA and AaAE…
    in purticular territories (AaAE: northern france, Belorussia, Ukraine SSR, Great Britian, USA) two Ideas:
    during each turn when occupied defender gets 1d6 for every ipc in territory…1-2 is a hit attacker chooses casulties(realistic)…
    During Invasion the same as above but the enemy Immediate loses those units…

more Ideas…

• 2007 AAR League

You mean the game I want to play with (Axis and Allies, AAE, AAP). Sorry little confused :-? .

exactly I don’t know AaAP so couldn’t tell you rules…

• In reality or Game?

In the game. Besides, if you’re going to have those, what’s to stop also putting in Covert Ops men in the game? :)

any more comments?

• I suppose partisans could work something like this:

Cost: 4 IPCs

A max. of 1 can be recruited each turn. When recruited, can be placed on any enemy-conquered non-homeland territory (in AAE, this would be the grey areas belonging to germany but being conquered rather than mainland, with Italy being an exception). However, they can be moved to enemy homelands once recruited from conquered lands.

They work like ordinary infantry, with a few special rules:

They have two modes: Surfaced and hidden (symbolise by tipping over like battleships and subs). They can switch mode either during the combat or non-combat movement (depending on whether they come into combat or not). They can both surface, hide and move in the same turn.

When surfaced, they work like infantry in all respects, with the exception that when they defend they have the “disappear” ability, which works like subs submerging, with the exception that they can’t re-surface during the same battle. Each attacking infantry gets a sniffing out attempt (see later), and any surviving partisans become hidden in the region.

When hidden, partisans don’t interact in any way with the enemy: They can’t conquer territories, they can’t attack or be attacked, they move freely, and they can be in the same area as enemies without anything happening. They’re effectively ghosts, with two exceptions:

SNIFFING OUT: Enemy infantry units in the same region as a hidden partisan can attempt to sniff 'em out. This is done during the combat movement, and no other action can be taken by the sniffing infantry. The sniffing unit rolls one dice for each hidden partisan in the region. For each 1 scored, a partisan has been found, put against the wall and got his brains shot out while chanting his anthem.

SABOTAGING: A hidden partisan can attempt a sabotage in the region. All enemy infantry units get a sniff-out attempt against all saboteurs (e.g. if there are two enemy infantry in a region and three partisans attempt a sabotage, a total of 6 dice will be rolled). Any surviving partisans immediately destroy 1 IPC from the enemy. Unless there is a homeland industrial complex in the region, the maximun IPCs destroyed is the IPC value of the region.

that’s for partisans…

• '19 Moderator

There will be no damn dirty apes in my games!! :x

Oh wait, I thought you ment “Gorillas”, My bad. :oops:

• gedunkin eh? I love gorillas, cept i dunno what they are.

• @dezrtfish:

There will be no damn dirty apes in my games!! :x

Oh wait, I thought you ment “Gorillas”, My bad. :oops:

I didn’t know Charlton Heston lived in Phoenix. :)

look Guerrilla’s up in a dictionary for a good description…

• '19 Moderator

@Grigoriy:

I didn’t know Charlton Heston lived in Phoenix. :)

We could only be so lucky :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m