• Where to people get the colored coded major and minor ics?  Also, for one’s first game in G40, who should they be so they get the general feel and pace of the game.  And does it matter if you play with 9 players in G40 or do u have to have the maximum at 6?

• Hey man welcome to the game of all games.

There are 9 different nations but i would suggest you only have six players, as the three minors ( ANZAC China and France ) may not provide enough game time to keep someone interested so they are normally complemented with a major power. ANZAC could be played by a single person but it really depends on the group you are playing with. Italy is considered a minor power but if played competantly can be a powerhouse and will provide plenty of game time. Italy is a good start for someone who hasnt played before you have to balance air land and sea units with limited cash and supplement Germanys war efforts. Germany also gives some protection so this is would be a good starting point. If it was just to get to grips with movement of units, politics and the like then neutral countries like the US or Russia dont start off at war unless attacked so you could have a few rounds on your own turf watching other people play and figuring things out. But once in the war they do play a significant roll so you will always have something to do. Nothing bets learning like jumping in the deep end. That just my opinion anyway.
    Have fun.

• The colored major and minors are people’s own creations. And I find either 2, 4, or 6 players is best (6 is a stretch b/c of you could get knocked out). And, for example, if i play a 4 player game i divide the powers

Germany and Italy
    Japan
    US and Russia
    UK, Anzac, France, China

6 players
    Germany
    Japan
    Italy
    US China
    Uk France
    Russia Anzac

If you’re new i would either recommend the allies for a two player, probable UkAnzacFranceChina for 4 player and either italy, USchina, or UKFrance for a 6 player. Whatever you do, don’t play as Japan (and probable not Germany either). I’ve played my fair share of new players and Japan is disastrous. At least with Germany they know to go in the general direction of moscow. But with Japan i’ve seen people ignore the DEI. Game over.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m