• TripleA

Pretty self explanitory title.  This is for a Pacific game not Global, but it might apply to a bigger game.

Played a really nice game of Pacific last night, however after 7 rounds we called the game as a draw for the following reasons:

Japan did an India push on the first 4 turns.  By the end of J4 China was gone off the map and India was pushed back, however Japan did not attack.

At this point I had used my first USA turn to build infrastructure for an attack.  I put a Naval Base at Midway, and built up Alaska using it for my planes, and Midway for my Navy/Transports.  I had a decent fleet with 8 transports loaded with troops.

I took out Japans northern fleet, dow to nothing.

ANZAC moved to help India, re-inforced some troops and fighters.

Japan took India finally, but with heavy losses, only 3 ground units and a dozen planes left and it’s southern fleet was taken out by ANZAC.

A few rounds later I was staged to hit Japan however didn’t feel I had enought, I made the decision to re direct to the mainland where Japan left only 3 infantry left.  He had pulled out to try and take Australia to get the final VC.

With the prospect of both China and UK being in the game within 2 or 3 turns and no way to really stop it Japan decided to call it.  I agreed that the game was basically reset but with out Japan resisence on the Mainland.  Eventually all the extra IPC’s Japan had were going to be gone  and they would be left stuck on the island and probably would have taken it, eventually but not without many more rounds.

Really need suggestions for USA on things to buy the first 3 rounds and how to more easily prepare an invasion fleet.

Thanks.

• Good advice…Buy Low! <> Sell High!

• At this point I had used my first USA turn to build infrastructure for an attack.  I put a Naval Base at Midway, and built up Alaska using it for my planes, and Midway for my Navy/Transports.  I had a decent fleet with 8 transports loaded with troops.

I dont see the point in building lots of infastructure on the pacific board only…… Japan needs to take hawaii or sydney to win(after India falls), that being said you want stage from hawaii because from there you can hit carolines, go down and help anzac or hit the heart of Japan (Japan or Korea).  Thus forcing Japan to keep a decient fleet in the homeland.  More options for you + Less options for them = Win

• TripleA

@Peck:

I dont see the point in building lots of infastructure on the pacific board only…… Japan needs to take hawaii or sydney to win(after India falls), that being said you want stage from hawaii because from there you can hit carolines, go down and help anzac or hit the heart of Japan (Japan or Korea).  Thus forcing Japan to keep a decient fleet in the homeland.  More options for you + Less options for them = Win

That makes sense.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

First things first, watch the economics,  as long as you are making MORE money, you are in charge,  and can trade piece for piece all day.

Second thing, remember you only need to NOT LOSE Hawaii and NSW.  Get stacks of ground units into those territories - mixed with planes + an AA and hold.

Third,  as often as possible build Transports and Men.  Take islands, forcing Japan to take them back, even if it costs you the tran to steal the territory in the first place.  Again, try to watch the economics here.

What this all does - is dilute’s Japan’s ability to focus it’s economics on one specific target.  If Japan can’t focus and take it’s objectives, it can’t win.  If you slowly start to swing the economic balance in your favour - 1 island at a time, eventually Japan will run out of gas - and because they lose - you win.

It’s all a widdling factor.  Widdle widdle widdle till you win

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m