Alpha+.2 Damaged Air Bases & Scrambling question

• @Alpha+2:

Airbases provide additional range and the ability to scramble. If an airbase has 3 damage markers it can no longer provide these services. An airbase can only receive up to 6 damage markers, after that they are no longer assigned damage markers. Note: Aircraft can still land in territory whose airbase is out of service.

@Alpha+2:

Scrambling:  A quick reaction team of no more than 3 defending fighters and/or tactical bombers (strategic bombers can’t scramble) located on islands and coastal territories that have operative air bases can be scrambled to defend against attacks in the adjacent sea zones.

So my question is: Since Air bases can take a maximum of 3 hits to remain operational, and since (when operational) they can help scrambling up to 3 fighters/tactical bombers, does that means that when an Air Base has taken (say) 2 hits it can only scramble one fighter/tactical bomber (similar rule to Industrial Complex) or do they keep their full capacity until have taken 3 or more hits?

• Official Q&A

They keep their full capacity until they have taken three or more hits.

• @Krieghund:

They keep their full capacity until they have taken three or more hits.

thanks. One more question: since strategic bombing takes place before regular combat phase (Am I right about this?), I could bomb an Air Base up to 3 damage points and hence it will loos its scrambling capacity for the combat phase, meaning if I’m attacking a sea-zone covered by that Air-Base in the same turn enemy fighters from that air-base won’t be able to scramble in order to defend the sea zone. Am I correct?

• Official Q&A

No.  Scrambling occurs before strategic bombing raids.

• :lol:@Krieghund:

No.  Scrambling occurs before strategic bombing raids.

:-(

• Easy fix, American fighters/tacs on one or two UK Carriers would be a nice addition to a UK fleet

• A question about both damaged air&naval bases…

If my base has 3 damages, can I repair ONLY ONE of them, leaving this base with 2 damages on it, and then use normally this base? I think this won’t encourage players to perform SBR against bases…

• Official Q&A

Yes, you can.

• @Krieghund:

Yes, you can.

Ok, thanks, but I think this is not a good idea… This is: if I bomb an Industrial Complex, every point scored on the dice take its effect, if I bomb a base my enemy have to spend less money to fully re-activate the infrastructure… :/

• Always nice to come on the forum and find that Krieghund have already answered my question.

As the airbase have 3 hits, would it be an idea to make limit the number of scrambling planes to the max hits left, so that there is an incentive to repair the base fully?

• Good idea Mellemhend.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m