• I’m pretty sure this may have come up alredy, but I get my AA40 today in the mail and I’m dissapointed about the Italians not having their own ‘personalized’ units (just German ones painted in diferent color).

But what is really surprizing was that the USSR gets her own navy! What is dissapointing is that the USSR won’t build any navy in 99.99% of the games… while Italy does have a significant navy in the Mediterranean, not only in the game but in reality: while Soviet Navy could have been dealt with just British units (as was in previouse AA versions), Italy did have their own class ships. So would have been asking too much that AA40 had a Vittorio Venetto Class Battle ship for the Regia Marina (and not just a brown Bismark) instead of a Gangut Class for the Soviets?

A SM-79 either as a Bomber or as a Tactical Bomber would have been really nice too.

• @Black:

… while Soviet Navy could have been dealt with just British units (as was in previouse AA versions)…

Some naval units for the USSR have been unique to Russia since AA1942.  These aren’t new molds specifically for AAE1940, these are reused molds from AA1942 plus new molds for tactical bombers and mechanized infantry.

I don’t disagree with you regarding the necessity for unique russian units or the sad lack of Italian units. I just want to point out that it was AA1942 (the 25th anniversary release of A&A) that first featured the unique russian destroyer, cruiser and battleship.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m