• :o I have just bought A and A and have enjoyed playing it very much. Unfortunately im having a slight problem with the game. The game freezes randomly when im playing. For no apparent reason and when I restart and load it does the same thing at the same part where it freezes. So I have to start a new game. Sometimes if I accidently click the mouse while not on my turn it will also become nonrespondent. I have installed the patch. I have fittled with the compatability options on windows xp and nothing has worked PLease HELP!!!

system specs:
    Windows XP professional
    Athlon 2.0ghz
    1024 MB DDR Ram
    Radion 9000 Pro 128mb
    Samsung DVD combo drive

• Unfortunately … I can’t help! But, try downloading this expansion for A&A(which is better than the orig. A&A PC game). It’s called Iron Blitz. It still has some glitches; however, it’s not that bad. Give it a try!

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?gameid=3842

• The Underdogs… I love that site. :D

• 2007 AAR League

Sorry, but I can’t help either. However, I’m positive that you’ll find someone on here that can help you :D .

• '10

Email me at kar70@epix.net…I have a Windows XP help guide for the A&A CDROM.

• well I guess Iron blitz doesnt work at all on my computer
    the game just crashes. :cry:

• @Ivan:

well I guess Iron blitz doesnt work at all on my computer
    the game just crashes. :cry:

Did you install the game per the Readme file? It’s a two-step process. And you have to keep the music turned all the way off in your in-game settings; otherwise the game slows down dramatically.

I have Iron Blitz on XP Home and it works fine. So it should work on your computer also.

• I would suggest just getting the actual board game and playing with real players (or online too [PBEM]) :)

• I was having the same issue with the patch applied to the original game running under win XP. Everytime I would click on the map during combat movement the game would freeze. I found that playing without the patch installed fixed any problems for me…but then after playing the computer a few times you will see that is not much fun as it does the same thing every round, everytime and for the most part the AI is completely useless. One of the techs in my shop will burn in a new system by running A&A with the computer controlling all the countries…you never have to worry about the game ending because the AI will never build transports to invade Japan…kinda funny to see after like 25 rounds like 100 russian troops sitting in Man. with no navy to get them across.

• I’ve run into the same problem. Sometimes the game freezes. It doesn’t happen much, but it does happen. The AI on the computer is pretty bad. it always plays very defensively.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m