• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

1. Can empty Aircraft Carriers kill lone defenseless transports?

2. Or, does an empty Carrier, that is LOCKED in combat against a defenseless transport (IE all that is left remaining from an attacking fleet vs defending armada), FORCE the attacking Carrier to retreat from the transport? - lest it stay forever locked in an eternal battle of immortal good and evil?

3. Does that mean then that transports under technical conditions, can FORCE a retreat?

• 1. No

2. Well, the battle never ends, so retreat is the only option

3. Yes.

• Official Q&A

1. The battle is over because the defender has no units remaining that can either fire or retreat, so no retreat is possible.  Since the attacker has no units that can fire, the transport survives.  Both units remain in the sea zone.

2. No.

2. Well, the battle never ends, so retreat is the only option

3. Yes.

1. The battle is over because the defender has no units remaining that can either fire or retreat, so no retreat is possible.  Since the attacker has no units that can fire, the transport survives.  Both units remain in the sea zone.

2. No.

Both units remain in the sea zone - I find this VERY interesting.

Wow such conflicting results… So much for deputization.

Answers appreciated.  This happend yesterday, when the Germans attacked a british fleet in Sz110 that had failed to conquer Normandy.  The battle was tight, the brits scrambled everything they had, and their entire navy was in the zone.  The dice were tight,  Germany wanted to maintain control of the sea however, and since nothing was in range (Americans got blasted the previous round) the Germans opted to keep thier tipped carrier, instead of a bmb in the final round.  The ruling at the time was however, that the germans HAD to retreat since they couldn’t defeat the transport, and could no longer opt to ignore it.  This was the centre of some debate…  Glad that’s been cleared up.

• Official Q&A

@Gargantua:

Wow such conflicting results… So much for deputization.

He’s still right 95% of the time.  I’ll put that up against just about anyone else here.

Krieghund, Have you ever been wrong?

• @Gargantua:

Krieghund, Have you ever been wrong?

Yes. He initially said that Z5 touches Korea but he later corrected himself

He’s still right 95% of the time. I’ll put that up against just about anyone else here

I’ll step up to that challenge.  I’m the only one around here who asks the difficult questions anyways :P

• Customizer

What if the attacking empty carrier was part of a fleet accompanying an amphibious invasion force?  If there are just enemy transports remaining and the carrier can’t destroy them, can YOUR transports still ignore the enemy transports and continue with the invasion?

• Official Q&A

Yes.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m