• I just got my copy of AA Europe 1940 (I already own AA Pacific 1940).  I was looking over the game and I have a coupe questions that I’m hoping someone can answer for me…  here goes:

1.  Why are the Canadian territories marked with their own roundel? 
    2.  Why is Suriname (in Brazil) marked with it’s own roundel (which is also found on some islands in the Pacific game)?
    3.  What are the 2 odd-looking British roundels in the game pieces?

Thanks for the help - I appreciate it!

• 1. Larry said it was to signify their contribution to the war effort. They are all British territory, though you can house rule Canada as a minor power like ANZAC.
    2. Because it’s a Dutch colony. Also, it’s not in Brazil.
    3. They are for India’s economy.

• 1-only for historical reasons no meaning for the game
    2-it’s not suriname roundel but dutch roundel this means that suriname and the island (in the pacific game) are dutch colonies!!!
    3-Are used for global game, when you have to keep separate London and Calcutta on the production chart.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

1. Larry said it was to signify their contribution to the war effort. They are all British territory, though you can house rule Canada as a minor power like ANZAC.  oh, I was hoping Larry was going to make a game expansion down the road…
    2. Because it’s a Dutch colony. Also, it’s not in Brazil.  You’re right, I should have said “near Brazil”
    3. They are for India’s economy.

Thanks for the answers - I appreciate it!

• @Panz3r:

1-only for historical reasons no meaning for the game
    2-it’s not suriname roundel but dutch roundel this means that suriname and the island (in the pacific game) are dutch colonies!!!
    3-Are used for global game, when you have to keep separate London and Calcutta on the production chart.  Ahh, that makes sense, thank you!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m