• I know the general rule is that all attack movements are simultaneous, but what does it do (in your opinion) to allow “attack waves” ?  In such, I mean what if you wanted to send one volley of units into a territory to clear out the enemy to allow your second wave to move through it (tanks blitzing) to try to take another area.  Same concept could be applied to one wave of ships working over some enemy ships - and once they are destroyed, other ships can roll through.

Units would need to be announced that the intention was to move through the previous battle area before the first battle happened, this way - the second wave was committed to move through the area.  …and IF the enemy was victorious, the second wave would need to stop and fight, now unable to make it to their previous destination.

Thoughts?

• This would totally destroy any tactics of blocking with inf/DDs

• I hear what you are saying.  What about if it was limited to bombing runs?  In such, Bombers were allowed to penetrate the enemy line and attack (taking fire from enemy forces & AA), then the ground forces move in.  Still unbalancing?

• Not sure. Both sides can easily benefit, but I’m not sure if one side will benefit more

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m