• See, I’ve just thought about how cool this would be if I was able to do it. To bomb America. That would be quite awesome to do. And I’m not talking about the Japs since they would need to take over islands to bomb the US. Im talking about Germany. All Germany would need is Long-Range bombers. I mean its not easy to get them but its not way too difficult. This would be my plan for bombing the US with Germany. After having a stable front with counter-attack after counter-attack between Germany and Russian on the Eastern front, I would attempt to get Long Range bombers. During this time, Britain and US will be occupied in Africa or the Meditteranean and the Pacific or attempting to build an invasion fleet for Europe. The Russians will be fighting on both fronts. And then, once you hopefully get Long-Range bombers, you purchase a bomber (or you could just have a bomber before you get the upgrade). With that Long-Range bomber, you first strategically bomb Russia and land in Western Europe. This will, of course, make Russian lose money but also throw the Allies off track of your original plan. They will think that you are just bombing Russia and landing your bomber in West. Europe for safety purposes so your bomber can’t be attacked. But after you land you bomber in West. Europe, next turn you will do the unbelievable. You will strategically bomb the US. The US player should be stunned since I imagine not many US players have been bombed by Germany. This will show that the US is not invincible and the US player will probably get quite nervous and start to worry about defeating Germany quickly before he gets bombed again. It would be quite interesting to do this.

• USA is too much of a economic powerhouse for SBRs from Germany to put much of a dent into it. Granted, there’s nothing more than robbing those Amerikan swine of their false sense of security, but SBRs at Russia or UK put a much larger dent on their war production.

• Oh, I know that. It would just be awesome to see that.

• Imagine you had heavy bombers and long range air craft!
    (American Swine?- I take offense, Sir!)

• I dont think this is a good strategy. It’s far too expensive to research long range aircraft.
    Each weapon development costs you 30 IPC. (6*5). In the worst case you have to spend 180 IPC to get lra.
    Then you have to build a bomber, which will cost you another 15 IPC. So in the worst case you have to spend 195 IPC to bomb america with 1 bomber. In the best case it will “only” cost you 45 IPC.
    Besides, the us can fire at your bomber with their aa-gun and you will lose your bomber each 6th turn.

You have to like gambling to do this.

• actually, best case would cost 5 IPC, because you start with a bomber and then you’d get Long range on your first roll, but that’s just a little unrealistic. However, if I managed it, I certainly would pound America.

• Bingo, Grigoriy! :P

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m