• Here’s the new bonus for Japan:

When Japan is NOT at War
    1.Collect 10 IPCs each turn that Japan is not at war with the United States and has not invaded French Indo-China or made an unprovoked declaration of war against United Kingdom/ANZAC.
    When Japan becomes at War with the Soviet Union.
    2. Collect 12 IPCs, once, and at the beginning of the turn following a declaration of war by the Soviet Union on Japan.

and for Russia:

When the Soviet Union becomes at War with Japan
    4. Collect 12 IPCs, once, and at the beginning of the turn following a declaration of war by Japan on the Soviet Union.

So if Japan attacks Russia first, Russia gets the 12 IPC bonus. But does Russia have to declare war back on Japan before they can attack back giving Japan their 12 IPC bonus too? Or is it once one power declares war, they are both automatically at war without the other power having to declare war back? (Basically is the +12 bonus given to only one power or both?)

• If Japan declares at war with Russia, Russia is automatically at war with Japan, so no need for a Russian DOW. Keep in mind that Russia is given the 12 at the beginning of Russia’s turn, not immediately. This is to prevent Japan from attacking Russia so that Germany can plunder 12 more ipcs when it takes Moscow.

• Does Japan lose the ability to collect 12 if attacked by Russia once it is at war with the western powers?

The NO is labled “when not at war”……so if japan is at war…can this NO still be collected?

I am confused

• @oztea:

Does Japan lose the ability to collect 12 if attacked by Russia once it is at war with the western powers?

The NO is labled “when not at war”……so if japan is at war…can this NO still be collected?

I am confused

Pretty sure that specifically means “when not at war with Russia” (in that NO’s instance) so that it can’t collect through a loophope when Russia counterattacks the first time.  Especially since Japan starts off “at war” (with China).

• '10

@oztea:

Does Japan lose the ability to collect 12 if attacked by Russia once it is at war with the western powers?

No, war between Japan and the western powers and war between Japan and Russia are treated separately.  So even if Japan is at war with USA and/or UK, they are not at war with Russia unless Russia attacks them or they attack Russia (in which case the 12 IPCs is given to the nation that was attacked).

Essentially, Russia and Japan can stay neutral to each other for the whole game.

• This rule is heavily one sided towards the allies.

Japan doesn’t want to attack Russia because of the 12 ipc given away which will help Germany and if Japan doesn’y attack Russia it means more units can be spent on the German front. I believe that for this to favour the axis Japan has to commit huge forces to the war against Russia leaving it open to attacks from the US and Uk i prefered the old rule

• @The:

This rule is heavily one sided towards the allies.

Japan doesn’t want to attack Russia because of the 12 ipc given away which will help Germany and if Japan doesn’y attack Russia it means more units can be spent on the German front. I believe that for this to favour the axis Japan has to commit huge forces to the war against Russia leaving it open to attacks from the US and Uk i prefered the old rule

Finally a change by Larry tilted towards the allies. All I saw so far were extra planes for Germany, more land units for Japan, more fleet for Italy etc…

A good rule, because Germany shouldn’t be able to waltz into Moscow without serious effort with help from Italy). Some seem to want a game where Germany can boogie into London on turn 2 and then jive into Moscow on turn 5.

• @13thguardsriflediv:

@The:

This rule is heavily one sided towards the allies.

Finally a change by Larry tilted towards the allies. All I saw so far were extra planes for Germany, more land units for Japan, more fleet for Italy etc…

A good rule, because Germany shouldn’t be able to waltz into Moscow without serious effort with help from Italy). Some seem to want a game where Germany can boogie into London on turn 2 and then jive into Moscow on turn 5.

Germany should meet some resistance but I think the Ipc bonus should be smaller maybe 6 so it is 2 inf or 1 arm rather than 4 inf or 2 arm. Italy was also not needed for attacking Russia in the real war and Germany were eventually driven back. However Italy would need to give a few troops. It shouldn’t be major support but a few troops here and there. Italy was used for support along the med.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m