Review of historicalboardgaming.com IPC Certificates + V2 Rockets

• I ordered some infantry units from www.historicalboardgaming.com and the owner, Doug, threw in a set of production certificates as I was his first customer.  :-D

I wanted to review them for those of you who might be interested, so here goes:

Production Certificates

At last! For those of us who have been sadly missing the production certificates that used to be included in each Axis & Allies game, the time has come! Doug, “coachofmany” on the forums here, has invested his money and produced these production certificates for us, and they are well worth the $6.95 cost.

For that price, you receive 120 bills (60 Ones, 20 Fives, 20 Tens, 20 Twenties), and they are a masterpiece! They are roughly the same size as the Axis & Allies certificates, being about 3mm wider and 2mm shorter - nearly identical. However, the quality is much better than the A&A IPC certificates. Each denomination represents a different faction or side, with the Ones representing the Allies, the Fives representing the Axis, the Tens displaying the British, and the Twenties the Americans. There are background images that are part of each bill, such as a production line, a parade, or a flight of airplanes. These are melded in perfectly, and the scrollwork on the sides is excellent.

Honestly, the artwork alone is much better than that used in the A&A IPC’s, including those in the “deluxe” A&A Anniversary edition. For the price that they are at, they can’t be beat, and this is really a high quality item that any A&A player should have in his gamebox.

German Rockets

Doug has found a supply of these black rockets, made of hard plastic by Rolco. They are great as V2 rocket pieces, and match the German colors nicely. For only $0.15, they are a steal - one can buy a set of 10 for $1.50! These are a also a must buy along with the certificates.

HBG is also coming out with custom printed roundels in the future, that will be thick cardboard and will match the Axis & Allies Europe 1940 counters. Quote:

“These will include Finland, Romania, India, Canada (2 versions), Union Jack, South Africa, Hungary, Bulgaria, Free French, Communist China, Poland,Australia, and redo the thin Roundels from Pacific (ANZAC, Japan, China).”

These are great products, folks - oh, and the packing and delivery times are superb - my 60 infantry arrived perfectly packed, in great shape, and within 5 days!

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

I am glad you liked them! Thanks for the kind words.

• I ordered a couple sets of the Certificates.  Can’t wait to see them.  I also ordered a bunch of USSR ships to help me in my quest to make a cold war War game.  I have been selling pieces on Ebay myself, and I love this website.  Great way to get some individual pieces.  I hope it’s a huge success!  I have found in my travels on Ebay that selling these pieces is just as much for the love of the game as anything.  The profits are very small once everything is taken into consideration.  So please help support coachofmany.  This is a great idea and will be benefical to all players of A&A!

• I also purchased three sets of these IPCs, plus some other stuff that I usually run out of during global games.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m