• Okay so I have the 42 edition and I was wondering if when using an aircraft carrier to attacking that has fighters on it can the fighters also attack or do they just take hits in the battle. Same with defending carriers, what happens?

• You should ask this in the 1942 board, not player help.

Fighters can also attack and defend and take hits.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Calvin’s missed a KEY point.

If you are attacking, Only the fighters of the SAME NATION as the carrier can roll dice or take hits.  Otherwise they are just diceless, hitless cargo that sinks with the carrier.

• The fighters move independently of the carrier (unless they belong to another nation, in which case they’re just cargo).  So they would generally be brought in to attack.  When defending all fighters can participate regardless of nationality.

• another thing is dont let friends on your carrier unless they NEED to have a place otherwise its just a waste  :mrgreen:

• What is the South Korean aircraft carrier? I dont remember ROK navy has any aircraft carriers. Currently there are two types of DDH helicopter destroyers in ROK navy, but they dont have flat decks.

The Japanese Hyuga DDH has flat deck, and its relatively large for a DDH 18,000t full load.

EDIT After asking a friend, it may be the Dokdo class amphibious assault ship, which has flat deck.

• @450thMSAF:

another thing is dont let friends on your carrier unless they NEED to have a place otherwise its just a waste  :mrgreen:

they could still help defend the carrier.

• Ive been thinking about this for a long time…and Im pretty sure all of us Sci-Tech Warmongers want this to become a reality, Deployable Aircraft carriers that could have Flying capablitys… And im not talking about blimps a Naval carrier

This could be a naval innovation and put all Sea Carriers Absolete due to them being outclassed in every way possible…Imagine being a Pilot and watching your Aircraft come from its hanger and shoot straight out from the carrier in mid-air Or watch as the carrier obiliterates and Strike fear in its Enemys

I have no idea if DARPA Is thinking about this, or do not have the budget for it Which is an absolute possibility But just tell me what you think of it

• @Gargantua:

Calvin’s missed a KEY point.

If you are attacking, Only the fighters of the SAME NATION as the carrier can roll dice or take hits.  Otherwise they are just diceless, hitless cargo that sinks with the carrier.

allied nations fighters can defend the carrier.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Hence the If you are attacking part of my comment :)

Do you repy to this thread every year… or?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m