• Hey Kreighund,

Playing Alpha +1 game here.

scenario: turn 1, can ANZAC land planes on Dutch tt AS they are claiming them with land units during Noncombat???  I read the rule book and it clearly says only “land units” can only claim Dutch tts.  Doing so would go against all non-combat rules for air units.  My opponent seems to disagree via the FAQ where it really doesn’t specify.

Thanks

:? :? :?The Questioneer  :? :? :?

• BTW, the Dutch territories are considered friendly to the allies. Thus, any allied can non-combat into them once at war.

• Official Q&A

Calvin’s right.  Allied powers that are at war may move any unit, land or air, into a Dutch territory in noncombat movement, as it is a friendly territory.  However, only land units may claim it for UK or ANZAC.

Dutch territories are not the same as friendly neutral territories.

• Dutch territories can be retaken only if japan invades it.  Before that they are consider friendly territories.

• To clarify, let me know if I have it right:

Japan can not take Dutch territories without starting war with the western allies.

UK India’s troops can claim Dutch territories on UK1 before Japan takes them.  No war declaration is necessary because the UK and Dutch are allied in Europe against Germany already.

Australia can take the DEI as well.

The US can not claims the DEI with land units until it is at war with Japan.

Do the rules concerning the Soviets, Germans and Italians even matter? 
    ???

• Japan must declare war/be at war with UK/ANZAC to take Dutch tt

Yes

Yes

It can’t even move units into the DEI. In addition, even if at war, US can’t take control of DEI unless the US retakes them from the axis.

Germans and Italians, already at war with UK/ANZAC, can take Dutch tt at any time.

Russia must be at war with Japan to move into Dutch territories in the Pacific and must be at war with Germany or Italy to move units into Dutch Guiana. Like the US, Russia can’t take control unless recapturing them from the axis.

• How can UK claims a territory that is allie territory ? It can send troops there but not claims the IPC that goes with the territories.  That is the way I understand it. :?

• @Pit:

How can UK claims a territory that is allie territory ? It can send troops there but not claims the IPC that goes with the territories.  That is the way I understand it. :?

The Dutch are special allied territories.

• Thank you for the clarification!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m