• The topic for today is the UK SZ. How do you guys like to go after it?
    Lately i’ve been trying w/ 2 subs, 2 ftrs and a bmb (or variant). This allows my trn to access Africa, and a WEU ftr to hit ECA trn, a EEU ftr for EMED sub, and, well . . .
    how do you guys do the UKSZ thing, and still have room to keep-six UK navy and maybe take CAU?

Usually I use 1 sub, 1 trn, and 4 ftrs. But I do vary it a lot. I have used the 2 sub approach but the reason I don’t use that all the time is I like the sub to get a shot at the W Med BB with air support. You might get the BB with the sub first shot.

• my opening German move usually takes out the brit battleship in the med with the German sub/battleship. in regards to the UKSZ i send in a fighter or two. maybe the bomber, depends on how i want to attack africa, i sometimes send the bomber down to deal w/ the EMED brit sub. in regards to taking CAU, i leave it alone for a turn and head toward Karelia by “shifting”. all my E/Eur and Ukrain forces attack KAR. then i move my GER/SEur into the vacant space, and put most of my purchases on GER, w/ 1-2 on SEur.

• Usually, we play with two-hit battleships and no RR which usually changes things, but I usually attack with whatever navy I can muster and as much air support as I think I’ll need. In the Med, I just take my trn and BB against the British BB. At least, that’s what I think I remember doing…it’s been a long time! :)

• It depends upon ruleset, bid & 2 hitters or not.

The only rules I have are:

1. never split the Ger BB & tranny

2. never use the BB & tranny against Gibraltar

3. always use the tranny in the Baltic against N Sea (assuming it still lives :) ) ….unless some insanity necessitates a G1 attack on Karelia. Then use the tranny with 2 Inf from WE in the attack.

• I go with Guest’s Rules and…

4. NEVER use the bmr alone on G1(E Can sz).
    A) Combine it with ftrs, sub & trn in UK sz attack or
    B) Combine it with sub or ftr & sub in Gib sz attack.

• 5. Always keep the BB and TRN inside of the Mediterranean.

6. Land all ftrs in W. Europe at the end of T1

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m