• Suppose that the war in the Pacific is going well for the allies. America has beaten back Japan to the home islands and is keeping them contained before they invade. However on the eastern front lets suppose that Germany has beaten back the Soviets and captured Berlin. Can the allies win in this scenario? Let’s say they’ve already taken back France so now its USA,UK,France versus a Germany with control of a good chunk of the Soviet Union and its capital.

• @aaron91:

However on the eastern front lets suppose that Germany has beaten back the Soviets and captured Berlin.

I capture Berlin first turn as Germany every game, it’s not exactly a game-changer  :-P

• You mean Moscow, right? And if Japan is contained and about to fall and Italy is mediocre (even, perhaps, fairly powerful), the US and UK should be able to take down the Axis without Russia. As long as the Allies crush Japan quickly, set up a US major in Korea and start raiding Atlantic and Mediterranean Axis territories ASAP, they will stand a fighting chance, if not a great one.

• I have played a couple interesting games of the older versions with Russia falling and Japan living.

The Allies can win in your scenario. Think of it as you have killed more than a third of the Axis strength while loosing Russia, probably a quarter of the allied war effort.

The strength of the Allied navy in the Atlantic is critical.  No Us and UK navy and its an uphill battle.  If Germany can concentrate on territories in Asia they can get to easily India could be in trouble before American troops from Korea and FIC minor complexes can come help.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Hands down the allies can win as you have described, without too much trouble I believe.

The hinge pin is whether London has fallen or not. And the current state of control in Africa.

• The allies would likely still win IF Germany also didn’t pull off a sealion attack because that would allow them to land in the UK and use it as a base to attack into France. Also if the allies wanted to be sneaky they could having Japan pinned on its home island attack from both sides of Russia forcing Germany to either give up free IPC’s or stretch its forces to defend attacks from both directions. With the USA income and the UK still free the allies can afford to do this. Or unless Rome is super stacked they could attack up through Rome. Personally as an allied player I would hit Rome and France as close together as possible and try and push in from both directions. At the same time I would use my fleet to keep Japan pinned on its home island. At that point Japan’s only real option would be to build guys to defend their home island. Or they could build some fleet trying to sink a ship or 2 each turn to force the allies to keep replacing them. But it wouldn’t matter in the long run I don’t think.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m