• In the event that London is captured by the Axis, the Canadian government will function independently with Ottawa as its capital beginning on their next turn, allowing them to continue to collect IPC’s and purchase units. If London is liberated, the Canadian government will return to the control of the British Empire. Britain Pacific will lose the 1 IPC from British Columbia (Transferring to Canada). A Canadian Roundel will be placed on the IPC chart at 7 (assuming all of Canada is under Allied control). Canada functions the same as any other country.

I’m painting a set of British units purple and am getting some roundels…

Not play tested yet,

Comments?

• Customizer

More likely that the UK government moves to Canada and continues from there, I don’t think Canada would have fought on independently if Britain had officially surrendered.

• Canadian roundels?  :-o How are you making yours?

• I’ve made mine it took only a few minutes, i found a roundels online then pasted it into word, shrunk it to 2cm and printed. Then it was simply a matter of cutting them out and using stick-gluing them to the back of surplus American roundels, I did the same thing for Italian roundels for some extra.

canadian roundel.doc

• Thanks!! ill defiantly make some my self

• '10

The British government had plans all set to move the seat of Government to Canada to continue the war.  Churchill even mentioned this in his “fight them on the landing grounds” speech. (Full version)

Canada would have continued on in the war WITHOUT Great Britain.  Canada and Australia Declared war on the Axis independently of Great Britain.  Ever heard of the statute of Westminster 1931?

The British Empire did not function like most Empires… it was very unique.  This is a Good Case for a Canada variant considering ANZAC is now in the game.

• '10

Here is the other thread:  Some valuable discussion on the Commonwealth Rules involving Canada.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=20629.0

• @molinar13:

Canadian roundels?  :-o How are you making yours?

I’m just gluing them on to extra roundels I have floating around

• @Flashman:

More likely that the UK government moves to Canada and continues from there, I don’t think Canada would have fought on independently if Britain had officially surrendered.

Not so much surrendered, as got it’s but kicked in a G2 Sea lion. I got this rule from another thread stating exactly what you had mentioned, but I found that Britain wasn’t as crippled as it should have been once it lost London, at least this way, we Canadians get our Canada in the game AND Germany can still open the door to Africa for their little Italian buddy.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m