• More accurately, the devs need motivation and to see the need for additional rules.

We’re at the point where we need a donation drive

Veqryn:  Help us get Global 1940 rules coded, by donating to triplea:  http://bit.ly/bJaZQF

• '10

Field Marshal Games supports this project and has made a Donation.

Please support this community effort and donate (even a little bit).

Lets keep TripleA alive and get the Global Rules set finished for all to enjoy!

Jeremy

• how much did you donate?

• Apparently SilverBullet has given 1600$ or so to the TripleA cause over the years.   Obviously that is one extreme of the spectrum, the donation buttons allow for as little as $5.   Anything would help.  This is an free game that quite a lot of us have used and enjoyed.   If we can get a cash flow going to the devs, I’m sure they will repay us with a little work on the engine to get G/E/P 40 up and running.

I would like to say that in my opinion, TripleA allows for the easiest stress testing of setups and tweaks for balancing, as well as strat testing.  I’m in for $20 as I want the people who tell me I’m wrong, it’s not an Allied heavy game OOB to be able to show me HOW by whipping on me.  The Beta Module crap is far too slow for me.

• If money is the driving force regarding development of the new rules set, then I would suggest a set annual usage fee by triplea - $5 or $10 bucks a year or something like that to help maintain the site and to pay for development of new games.  I think that just about everyone who is familiar with triplea would be willing to pay that.  Some people simply will not donate…they are in it for the free ride…gotta push 'em to open there wallet a little…

• @Plasticdeathbydice:

If money is the driving force regarding development of the new rules set, then I would suggest a set annual usage fee by triplea - $5 or $10 bucks a year or something like that to help maintain the site and to pay for development of new games.  I think that just about everyone who is familiar with triplea would be willing to pay that.  Some people simply will not donate…they are in it for the free ride…gotta push 'em to open there wallet a little…

I think the way to do this is to offer a free option and a pay option. The free option could include some highlight game like Revised and NWO, but if you want to play WW2 v3 41 or 42 (or the new global) you have to buy the map. This way, you can keep the community growing (because people are simply not going to pay for an unofficial A&A style game without being able to try it out)and still provide a source of income.

• It’s already a thin line in copyright issues, charging for it would make it worse (good intentions or not, a TripleA version of Global40 is still a violation of copyrights)

• @special:

It’s already a thin line in copyright issues, charging for it would make it worse (good intentions or not, a TripleA version of Global40 is still a violation of copyrights)

No it isnt. You can copyright a name. You can copyright graphics. You can copyright a wording of rules. What you can’t copyright is a game system.

Here’s the law: http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl108.html

• Fair enough. But a map (and its specific layout) would fall under "graphics’, no?

Edit: by the way, i’m not trying to spoil the fun or anything, just avoiding possible trouble. And when money comes into it, authors will tend be less lenient (which i can understand).

Also the rules will probably change from country to country (and i’m not american, so i don’t know the specific situation there)

• if someone scanned in the map, and then triplea used that scan, that would be a violation. however, a map drawn like the Global 40 map is not copyright.

yes, that is the american copyright.

• TripleA

done. i love triplea. it is a great program that allows me to play these great games online for free.

• Customizer

maher, i think you added an extra zero to what silver has donated…

anyways, thank all of you for helping out

• Donation drive still ONGOING to get the rules we all love to hate coded!

• Customizer

Sean G Bridges just replied to my email, and says that
    a total of $150 was donated.

so I will be donating $30 this weekend,

which brings the Total Donated to $180!
    pretty good for just 16 days…

(you can still donate to the project even though this little drive has ended, even just $5 counts)

hopefully kev and others will code the global 1940 rules with haste
    thanks everyone!
    veqryn

• /holding breath

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m