• Question on combat.  I believe my scenario is illegal, but I would appreciate confirmation.  I understand that a player must move all units that it intends to use during combat and then conduct combat.  So, if I am Germany, and I attack Baltic States from Poland (but do not use all available tanks in the attack) and take over Poland, then it is not permissable to then take my remaining tanks and blitz through the Baltic States and attack Novgorod.  This is illegal, right???

I know this sounds like a stupid question.  But I just want to make sure that I don’t misuse combat moves and conducting combat.

• Your proposal makes sense, and I think that was the way it was ment to be, but the current OOB rules unfortunately dont support your ideas.

• Not a stupid question at all, in fact it was wondering the same thing that lead me to these forums in the first place.  You’re correct, that’s an illegal move since all combat moves must be declared simultaneously and at the point of declaring them the baltic still had Russian units in it blocking those extra German tanks.

• Customizer

Doesn’t make sense to me; in effect you’d be having 2 turns of movement at once. Blitzing implies a movement through a territory which contains no opposition for that entire turn.

• If i remember correct, even a lone AA stops a blitz

• Ok, since every other response doesnt answer your question.

You make all combat moves during the combat move phase, before you roll any dice you can make any changes to what is going where. But once the dice are rolled you are done moving. You can not change what units are going where after your first attack. Likewise, any units you did not attack with can not decide to attack after dice have been rolled. This is so you cant change your mind on attacks if one goes bad.

Your original assumtion was correct. You may not move THROUGH a territory you just attacked to attack another. You may move through a territory you captured during your non combat phase though.

• @special:

If i remember correct, even a lone AA stops a blitz

Or a lone minor complex, or a lone major complex, or a lone naval base, or a lone air base……  :-)

• @gamerman01:

@special:

Or a lone minor complex, or a lone major complex, or a lone naval base, or a lone air base……  :-)

All of those have to be lone.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@gamerman01:

@special:

Whaaaa??  It’s not like you can blitz through a territory with a complex, air base, and naval base.  Your comment makes no sense.

• @gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@gamerman01:

@special:

Whaaaa??  It’s not like you can blitz through a territory with a complex, air base, and naval base.  Your comment makes no sense.

I meant that you can’t have a naval base that’s not “lone”(similar for others) since you can’t have more than one naval base in a territory

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@gamerman01:

@special:

I meant that you can’t have a naval base that’s not “lone”(similar for others) since you can’t have more than one naval base in a territory

Dude, “lone” means that’s the only thing in the territory!

• @gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@gamerman01:

@special:

Dude, “lone” means that’s the only thing in the territory!

I was using the definition that lone naval base means it’s the only naval base in the territory. Thus, every naval base is lone

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m