• So here is the next installment of my Axis and Allies videos. Again, my opponent is Zooooma, and again he is Axis. Note that we used Diplomacy pieces to stand for naval bases and airbases - very eye catching.

This vid consists of just the first and last turns, and is probably the best I can do without dragging over proper lighting to Zooooma’s, and investing in a decent still camera. Vids involving stop motion animation would be cool, and I might do that in the future.

Despite being of only two turns, this vid is two minutes longer than the last one, due to all of my ‘extras’ and including China and Anzac moves.

The opening in this game was very similar to the last one, but with some important differences that I am sure you can note for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF9sGeIDWFI

• What happened to the ANZAC inf in Egypt?

• there is an Anzac inf in OOB global 1940?

• @rockrobinoff:

there is an Anzac inf in OOB global 1940?

Yes. ANZAC has 1 infantry in Egypt

• I’ll be looking a little closer at Zooooma’s setups from now on :)

• Nice video man  :-D

You need extra pieces though, I saw way too many chips (I hate chips!). The last scene was a hot mess I couldn’t tell what was where or what was going on  :lol:

• @McLovin1985:

Nice video man  :-D

You need extra pieces though, I saw way too many chips (I hate chips!). The last scene was a hot mess I couldn’t tell what was where or what was going on  :lol:

You couldn’t make out that there was a large anglo-american presence in europe, or that there was a german stack facing the russian stack on the moscow frontier? not even with the closeups?  :-)

Its true, despite being huge, the global board is too small. what a mess  :-)

• @rockrobinoff:

@McLovin1985:

You couldn’t make out that there was a large anglo-american presence in europe, or that there was a german stack facing the russian stack on the moscow frontier? not even with the closeups?  :-)

Its true, despite being huge, the global board is too small. what a mess  :-)

I could tell probably if I were there, yeah.

I go crazy if pieces aren’t lined up perfectly on the board. Just my pet peeve. Annoys a lot of people I play with  :lol:

• You should meet up with James Cameron and teach him some tips on picking better movie material.  Avatar?  Blah!  Now that’s a video!!!

• Nice video keep it up!

• Maybe you should have played it out another turn or 2. Germany and Japan might have been able to capture Moscow. But then it appeared that they would lose Germany so…

• Germany and Japan very well might of yeah, but Germany was falling… and the allies would inherit the russian money right back too.

• '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

In one of your vids you had yellow chips, what did they represent?

• Yellow chips are ten.

I forgot about ANZAC in Egypt - I don’t think we’ve remembered that since game one!

• @McLovin1985:

Perhaps a larger television?

• @RedHunter:

Maybe you should have played it out another turn or 2. Germany and Japan might have been able to capture Moscow. But then it appeared that they would lose Germany so…

@rockrobinoff:

Germany and Japan very well might of yeah, but Germany was falling… and the allies would inherit the russian money right back too.

I thought Germany was expected to hold or at least one more turn?  hence our discussion o the American presence in Europe and it’s impact against Germany over the next two or three rounds.

Quiting when we did also enabled me to sleep two solid hours preceding my ten hour labourious graveyard shift.  If it had been much earlier, I’m sure we would have played to at least the battle of Moscow.

• I heard that those American planes in Sweden were actually in Holland Belgium but ran out of space?

• @zooooma:

I thought Germany was expected to hold or at least one more turn?  hence our discussion o the American presence in Europe and it’s impact against Germany over the next two or three rounds.

Quiting when we did also enabled me to sleep two solid hours preceding my ten hour labourious graveyard shift.  If it had been much earlier, I’m sure we would have played to at least the battle of Moscow.

Yeah, I would have liked to have played on for the sake of playing if it was earlier too. That said, 24 brit ground troops, and 28 American ground troops, plus all the planes (15 american bombers alone) is death for germany.

You had a shot at moscow yes… but the best case scenario is russia for germany dont you agree?

• Yeah, I was going to lose.

What If I’d pulled back to Europe G5?  with those troops, I could last a bit longer - you may need to build that IC (and produce with it) before you crack Berlin.  Japan would keep its air force intact, and have 10 tanks plus a turn pouring into Russia within a turn or two (it had some units there already).  Russia couldn’t send too much into Europe I think without rolling over for Japan.  If I lose Germany but end up with Japan in Russia, we might have had a game again?

• '10

Loved the Video… Great job!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m