• I just had an idea I’m not sure if others have considered yet. The US has the option of taking their infantry in the Philippines and transporting them to sz 80 on turn three. If Japan hasn’t declared war yet, they will need to wait until turn four, but then they will be able to claim Persia for the United States. The US can build a factory, build a few supporting units, then take Iraq on turn 6 or 7, allowing them to build another factory. The US pumping six units a turn into the middle of the board would provide powerful defense for Africa, Russia and India. They could even build naval units and threaten Japan’s operations. What does everyone think?

• @larrymarx:

I just had an idea I’m not sure if others have considered yet. The US has the option of taking their infantry in the Philippines and transporting them to sz 80 on turn three. If Japan hasn’t declared war yet, they will need to wait until turn four, but then they will be able to claim Persia for the United States. The US can build a factory, build a few supporting units, then take Iraq on turn 6 or 7, allowing them to build another factory. The US pumping six units a turn into the middle of the board would provide powerful defense for Africa, Russia and India. They could even build naval units and threaten Japan’s operations. What does everyone think?

Japan would easily declare war to kill that DD/Transport. Additionally, this means the UK and Russia, who need the money more, are unable to use Persia.

• I like it… i came up with that a week ago and tryed it and it works… who cares if japan dclares war? america is now at war! and if they dont, then u get it! win win and those units are gonna die anyways so great minds think a like larrymarx! good thinkin!

• i would also enjoy 3 tanks every turn then an extra 2 bucks for britain

• I’ve been thinking about a similar thing for the Europe game, but using the Atlantic starting transporter, it reaches South Africa in around turn 4 (just in time for war, and can use the NB there to go on to the middle east).

Might work for global as well, though it might be too slow. Will need to try it.

• I have to say I never thought of it and its splendid.

• I like it! With America in Persia they can send direct support to Russia, India and/or Africa! It would also kill any Italian move to put an IC in Iraq and attack Russia’s vulnerable money territories. This pivotal move would be extremely beneficial, and not too historically inaccurate as I do believe that America had forces in Persia.

• Will try this out…America having direct support to renforce Russia would really mess with Germany. Especially seeing as Germany would need to station troops in France to stop an allied landing anyway…troops they could otherwise use vs Russia, and then they would have to deal with the Amercian’s hitting them going west as well.

• @special:

I’ve been thinking about a similar thing for the Europe game, but using the Atlantic starting transporter, it reaches South Africa in around turn 4 (just in time for war, and can use the NB there to go on to the middle east).

Might work for global as well, though it might be too slow. Will need to try it.

Actually this would be a good move to use in conjunction with the Philippine Persia grab in the global game. The Philippine units claim Persia on turn four, and then the East US units link up with them on turn five to conquer Iraq with 5 infantry and an artillery or tank. This way the US could get started up in the Middle East a turn sooner.

Regarding some earlier doubts as to whether the transport will make it, the US can follow this path to get to Persia on turn 3: sz57-75-80. Japan would only be able to stop the transport on turn 2 if they were using an India Crush strategy and had bombers and an air base in Kwangsi, aircraft carriers in sz 36, or if they moved their Caroline navy towards the Dutch East Indies. If this is the case, America may still want to shoot the units out there to get themselves into the war earlier.

• @larrymarx:

@special:

I’ve been thinking about a similar thing for the Europe game, but using the Atlantic starting transporter, it reaches South Africa in around turn 4 (just in time for war, and can use the NB there to go on to the middle east).

Actually this would be a good move to use in conjunction with the Philippine Persia grab in the global game. The Philippine units claim Persia on turn four, and then the East US units link up with them on turn five to conquer Iraq with 5 infantry and an artillery or tank. This way the US could get started up in the Middle East a turn sooner.

Regarding some earlier doubts as to whether the transport will make it, the US can follow this path to get to Persia on turn 3: sz57-75-80. Japan would only be able to stop the transport on turn 2 if they were using an India Crush strategy and had bombers and an air base in Kwangsi, aircraft carriers in sz 36, or if they moved their Caroline navy towards the Dutch East Indies. If this is the case, America may still want to shoot the units out there to get themselves into the war earlier.

Can the EUS Transport take Brazil on the way(if they’re pulled into the war)?

• Used this last night with UK.  Grabbed Persia UK2 and dropped a minor in there.  Nothing like UK Europe money pumping in 1 turn away to stop Japan.

• @MaherC:

Used this last night with UK.  Grabbed Persia UK2 and dropped a minor in there.  Nothing like UK Europe money pumping in 1 turn away to stop Japan.

Why did Germany not take advantage of this by doing Sealion threat?

• I’m guessing he did defensive UK buys his first two turns before building the IC UK3.  Otherwise, good question.

• This is a cute move but no good against a J4 India crush.  Best America can get is one build before Japan steals the factory.

• germany fainted sealion (horrid sea rolls turn 1, kept most of my fleet)

• @MaherC:

germany FEIGNED sealion (horrid sea rolls turn 1, kept most of my fleet)

• Regarding US IC in Persia:

I think it could be a good strat for the allies, but it could backfire and be another target of opportunity for Japan. They could bypass India, and have an IC just one move away from Caucasus (with tanks/mech). Normally Japan has a pretty sizable invasion force in the Indian Ocean. It could work, depending on what Japan is doing, and how fast you can get allied reinforcements there once the US takes the tt. I would make sure that Russia or UK could move in to protect the new US base until it could stand on its own.

The Field Of Dreams quote seems very fitting: “Build it and they will come”.

• Suppose USA manages to take iraq or Persia and place an IC there, what would be their first buys? (i know it would depend on the situation, but assuming there isn’t a huge enemy force nextdoor, yet the region also not being safe.

3 fighters, then 3 tanks?

3 battleships?  :-D

• @special:

Suppose USA manages to take iraq and place an IC there, what would be their first buys? (i know it would depend on the sutuation but assuming there isn’t a huge enemy force nextdoor, but the region also not being safe.

3 fighters, then 3 tanks?

3 battleships?  :-D

I’d build 3 tanks to help Russia, take Iraq, or help UK in Africa

• Agreed. You could get fancy and do a mech and two tanks or tac or fighter. Them high dollar tanks are the most useful thing to build though. The planes can generally come over through africa if you like.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m