• I happened to notice that nobody had posted this yet, and it seems like a natural question. Personally, I like to play as Russia or Germany for the massive border clashes are always my favorite battles. I’d like to hear some other opinions.

• 2007 AAR League

Well, obviously by my screen name, my favorite nation to play as is the United Kingdom. I know that a lot of people feel that the U.K.'s part in A&A is small, but that is far from the truth. Without the U.K., the Allies would not have a sufficient place to stage the invasion of Europe from. The main reason that I enjoy playing the United Kingdom so much is because of their huge influence all across the board. Five out of seven continents are influenced by them and I enjoy having that power under my command. The Soviet Union is probably my least favorite country to play as considering that the only time you’re usually on the offensive is in Asia. I hope that many other people do the poll and continue to respond to this post. By, the way, do you like it in Kuwait? I had an uncle that lived their until August 1990.

• I would say hands down my favorite nation to play is Japan. This country has such an impact on the game depending upon what they do during the first couple of turns. You can really mess up some master plans real quick with a completely out of the blue attack someplace, knowing that once you have a foothold in Asia it is only a matter of time before the color yellow washes across Mother Russia.

• I also like Japan. your movements are sooo variable at times, and you can annoy so many players simultaneously. Also once you get rolling, if you have a strong Germany, it is fun to start ransacking THE WORLD!!

• I would say uk because it has the most world-wide impact early on, and is a very flexible nation to play, I would have to say I like all the nations, the usa isn’t much fun until round 5 or so though.

• im new but germany intest me alot. would any1 kno a good strategy

• Search the forums, there are tons of strat’s out there for Germany, as far as pointers don’t buy all armor first round, common mistake that usually gets you wacked quick.

• Although I voted for Japan, I like playing with Germany and UK as well. I really don’t care for Russia nor USA. Both of the Axis countries are somewhat powerful at first and I really enjoy having the upper hand. UK is fun … once you (re)establish it’s navy.

Mista Biggs 8)

• Japan for sure!

It’s the one country with the most freedom of action. Japan is proactive, not reactive. Only USSR and UK can attack Japan with inpunity on T1, and neither of these attacks will force Japan’s hand; so long as it’s being played by a competent commander.

• in AA world it’s a toss up between Japan and the USA. Japan for all the resons already mentioned by everyone.
    I like playing the US because they are sort of an underdog in the world game in terms of units, But once they get rolling… they affect all fronts.
    OK I really dig the aircraft carrier and air units too!

• @UKcommander:

By, the way, do you like it in Kuwait? I had an uncle that lived their until August 1990.

Well, the scenery (desert) sucks, we have sandstorms roughly every other day, and the noontime temperature is about 120 F. But other than that, I guess it’s not so bad. :D

• 2007 AAR League

Well that’s good. Lol.

• Germany rocks!! If almost impossible to not attack each turn when you are Germany and I just love being aggresive when I play this game, runner up is Japan.

• I picked Japan.

With everybody now a days going 3v1 against Germany and doing very little against Japan during the game, it gives Japan a chance to really turn the tide in the game.

With such targets as: China, Eastern part of the Soviet union, India, Alaska, Mexico, Hawaii, Austrilia and even maybe Africa it’s easy for Japan to not only make the allies pay for not fighting it in the first few turns but also gives it the chance to cripple either U.K. or Soviet Union!!!

• @waraxis:

With everybody now a days going 3v1 against Germany and doing very little against Japan during the game, it gives Japan a chance to really turn the tide in the game.

so partially, because you’re not getting attacked? what happened to the challenge of being caught between Germany and Japan and trying to survive?

that’s what I like, the feeling of a desperate situation. if you’re outnumbered and still win, that’s the best kind. of course, if you don’t have good support from your ally(ies) that makes it even better. 8)

• personally, germany rules. its got a lot of $ and attack options. plus id have to agree with GI, giant border clashes are fun!! once the Germans get karelia, F/N is safe, giving you 2 staging points to attack the UK, with only one the allies can attack you before youre ready. plus there’s all that land in africa waiting to be conquered. giving the germans even more $$$ then the have at the start! (32 to begin with, the add another 9, 10 if you get madagascar too)

• Any of them, it makes no difference.

Having said that….having a terrific Russian player is vastly undervalued by most people. They are caught in the fine balancing act most of the game having to coordinate with air cover…knowing how much armour to have and pulling it out at the right time to penetrate the Jap defences and then retreat in time so it doesn’t get wasted. All those little nickel and dime attacks around the borders that add up to potential large swings. The early orderly retreat designed to hold back the Japs until Germany is bottled and the pipeline fully established.

If you ever play me as Allies/Russia …I will make Japan pay a severe price. You can forget the gang rush to Russia itself…not going to happen :) Instead I am going to wear you down and frustrate you in the first 7 turns :)

Not that it is necessarily the best to play…just the most undervalued.

• @Anonymous:

If you ever play me as Allies/Russia …I will make Japan pay a severe price. You can forget the gang rush to Russia itself…not going to happen :) Instead I am going to wear you down and frustrate you in the first 7 turns :)

Impressive…would you manage this even without help from the other allies?

• JAPAN!! JAPAN!! JAPAN!!

• Japan has the most wiggle room in the game, most strategies available to use. UK is very focused and easy to play. Russia is the most challenging (success depends a lot on dice rolls though). Germany is a power house. But USA is the most fun, because you have 100% control on who, where, and how you attack. You use every type of unit available and have no immediate threats. And If you have any threats at all it is because you played badly, your opponent(s) is(are) awesome, or your allies are getting trounced.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m