• Can anyone tell me what to do about tech rolls for UK/India.  Do they get them independently, or if one of the two purchases tech rolls and gets it do both capitals recieve the bonus?  That seems a bit unfair to me that you could waste money from one theater to benefit the other one.  However if you split the rolls then how do you handle things like super subs, or advanced artillery?  It just seems very confusing to me. :cry:

• Either country can roll tech and, if successful, both benefit

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

You HAVE to decide BEFORE you roll any dice, how many dice are being purchased and from where.

Otherwise you get scenarios where UK london buys 2 dice and misses on a Tech it REALLY needs. SO then UK India buys 2 dice and gets the Tech for UK overall.

• So if both UK capitals roll, do they do it independently?  I assume not otherwise isn’t it possible they could pick up 2 techs a round?

• @kkehrli:

So if both UK capitals roll, do they do it independently?  I assume not otherwise isn’t it possible they could pick up 2 techs a round?

I’m fairly certain that the tech roll is for the UK as a whole, not the independant sides as the tech is then applied to the entire UK empire.  It’s just unit purchases that are limited to either side of the board.

• @Gargantua:

You HAVE to decide BEFORE you roll any dice, how many dice are being purchased and from where.

Otherwise you get scenarios where UK london buys 2 dice and misses on a Tech it REALLY needs. SO then UK India buys 2 dice and gets the Tech for UK overall.

I think both UK and the British pacific colonies purchase at the same time (cause they’re the same power and they conduct every other phase at the same time).  You can’t choose to buy more dice if UK misses, as you’ve already passed the purchase tech roll phase.  You are certainly correct that you do need to choose which pool of money is paying for it.

• Official Q&A

@Rorschach:

I’m fairly certain that the tech roll is for the UK as a whole, not the independant sides as the tech is then applied to the entire UK empire.  It’s just unit purchases that are limited to either side of the board.

Correct.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m