August 01, 2014, 05:54:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Do you live near Cincinnati? Join us this weekend for A&A Spring Gathering XI on April 5-6, 2013. Search me
  Articles  
   Home   Help Login Register AACalc  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting attacked inside the Denmark Straight from Norway  (Read 1256 times)
Frank T
A&A.org Artillery

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2010, 08:53:05 am »

After the allies have played a couple of games they should be smart enough to not lose England and India early.  Or if they do lose England they will have made Germany pay so many points to get it that in my view it is probably not worth it considering US will get it back and Russia will get huge. 

They can do the Italy Navy raid and still build 9 inf in England.  That puts Italy in a bad position in Africa.  That being said my friend and I have had a gentlemen's agreement to not do the Italy Navy raid because by not doing it we have had more competitive games. 

After one game of losing those 18 Russian Inf early an allied opponent will never do that again.  They will fall back when neccesary and move forward when the oppurtunity presents itself.

I agree with building Japans Major Factory far away such as Malayia but that takes time assuming you are keeping US out of the war as long as possible.

In my view this game favors the allies but I am playing the axis and working on trying to figure a way out to win this thing.
larrymarx
A&A.org Mechanized Infantry

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2010, 10:05:32 am »

Has anyone tried going hard after Russia with all 3 axis powers? Germany could stall Britain using available subs and air and take the +5 bonus away from Russia. They could do the Romania factory and take Leningrad on turn 3 followed by Stalingrad on turn 4 or 5. Meanwhile, Japan could push into Siberia, building an air base in Manchuria and eliminating the infantry stack on turn 2. They could use their navy to force America into the Pacific while pressing towards Moscow through both Russia and China. By the time America could make landings in Europe, Russia would be penned in and unable to pose a threat, allowing Germany to focus on defending itself with a fairly large economy. If America goes after Japan, Moscow falls earlier.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

2014 Support Drive
Support Level
Forum Username
Note: payee will appear as Livid Labs, LLC.
Buy Axis & Allies
  • Axis & Allies 1942 [Amazon]
  • A&A Pacific 1940 [Amazon]
  • A&A Europe 1940 [FMG]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • A&A D-Day [Amazon]
  • A&A Battle of the Bulge [Amazon]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • WWII Themed Combat Dice [FMG]

Axis and Allies.org Official Gold Sponsor: Field Marshal Games