• To all the people who play as Germany out there:

You HAVE to protect Denmark from Allied assault.  If you don’t you lose.
    I played a game last night where Russia was fairly certain to fall in a few turns, but the UK player did the unthinkable and captured Germany.
    Let me explain…

1. The major complex in Romania is a waste.  It gets troops to the Russian front faster, but there is no way to swing emergency forces back into France or Denmark from there if needed.  Just build all your stuff in Western Germany.

2. The UK player put an infantry in Denmark, then on France’s turn moved the French cruiser in to block my fleet (sitting outside Leningrad) out from amphibious assaulting and retaking it.  All my guys were in Romania headed for Russia, but on the next English turn he assaulted Germany itself and I was done for.

I know this only happens if you don’t see that… so just don’t let it happen to you.  The Romania thing is a waste of 30 bucks, and it’s better to just leave 6 inf in Denmark to dissuade an Allied attack there.  Threw 4 hours down the drain on account of that stupid crap.

• @robbie358:

To all the people who play as Germany out there:

I played a game last night where Russia was fairly certain to fall in a few turns, but the UK player did the unthinkable and captured Germany.
    Let me explain…

1. The major complex in Romania is a waste.  It gets troops to the Russian front faster, but there is no way to swing emergency forces back into France or Denmark from there if needed.  Just build all your stuff in Western Germany.

2. The UK player put an infantry in Denmark, then on France’s turn moved the French cruiser in to block my fleet (sitting outside Leningrad) out from amphibious assaulting and retaking it.  All my guys were in Romania headed for Russia, but on the next English turn he assaulted Germany itself and I was done for.

I know this only happens if you don’t see that… so just don’t let it happen to you.  The Romania thing is a waste of 30 bucks, and it’s better to just leave 6 inf in Denmark to dissuade an Allied attack there.  Threw 4 hours down the drain on account of that stupid crap.

Alternatively, have Italy in position to immediately retake Denmark

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Alternatively, have Italy in position to immediately retake Denmark

That’s a problem if you don’t have anyone in Western Germany and UK lands a guy there too…  which is what happened to me :(  Italy can’t get to Denmark in one turn.

• Sounds to me like you left your Capital wide open for UK to walk right in. :|

• did an ally control Norway? b/c if not then the UK broke the straights rule and Berlin wouldn’t have fallen as fast

• @poloplayer15:

did an ally control Norway? b/c if not then the UK broke the straights rule and Berlin wouldn’t have fallen as fast

You only need Denmark to pass thru the straights

• sorry. i thought you have to control both countries. my bad

• @robbie358:

To all the people who play as Germany out there:

Let me explain…

Completely agree. It can be even worse: UK takes Denmark, then a US transport fleet loaded with ground units crosses the straits and lands directly on Germany.

The solutions are to retake Denmark with the Italians, as calvinhobbesliker said, fortify Denmark or keep units for defense in Germany.

• @Hobbes:

UK takes Denmark, then a US transport fleet loaded with ground units crosses the straits and lands directly on Germany.

The solutions are to retake Denmark with the Italians, fortify Denmark or keep units for defense in Germany.

IMHO to keep at stack of 10+ inf in Denmark is a bad idea.

In case UK take Denmark and US is in position to sail through, the best solution will be to let Italy retake Denmark before US turn. Italy can build some Tanks and Mech in Northern Italy each turn, to use as can opener in Russia or to retake Denmark together with a few Italian infantry stationed in Western Germany and 3 + fighters from Italy.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m