• Does anyone have suggestions on defending Africa? I played a game against someone who didnt bother to defend Africa at all (I lost because West-Germany was taken) and against someone who bought at a maximum rate in South-Africa (three armor each turn).

What is a wise strategy?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Well Sun-Tzu if you read your own book…  Some of your addages hold true.

Fight when you can win, provide options for your opponent to retreat,  pick your battles carefully - knowing when to retreat yourself, or hold the line.

Aside from that,  delay, delay, delay, until the Americans say ok.

And I would always invest in an inf or 2 atleast in Africa per turn.  Or if possible try to match the Italian equivelant committment until the Americans come.

Oh, and Defend british territories over french ones, as the brit territories are worth twice as much to the axis as the french.  (Because you lose 1 and he gets 1, vs france who doesn’t collect, doesnt collect or lose anything, and the axis gains 1.)

Be BRAVE, the odd 1 inf vs 1 inf, with you attacking, is worth it on occassion, so try it out!

• tanks. yes i know there expensive but then again i have an armored Doctrine. 2 tanks a turn will usually do it against the Italians. if you defend well in Egypt then your doing well. if not you can still slow them down a lot.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m