• When your teammate’s capital has been captured and held by the enemy, are you allowed to capture their territories?  Or can you only liberate them from enemy hands?  For example, if Germany captures UK, can US move into Canada and take control of those 6 IPC’s?  I know that if Germany were to capture them and then US won them back they would become US controlled until the UK is liberated.  But in Pacific the Dutch territories can be “captured” by their allies because it is assumed that Germany has captured Holland. So it seems like the same logic should apply.

• They go back to the player who had them at first even if that player doesn’t collect income. You pretty much just deny the income to the Axis player. France has to be taken back by the allies for France to start collecting income again for example. Unless the rules say otherwise.

• Redhunter, that is slightly incorrect.  If the original owner has lost their capitol to the enemy, and you ‘liberate’ one of their other territories from the enemy, you take that territory’s income, and can use their IC, etc.  If the original owner still has their capitol, then, indeed, the territory is liberated back to the original owner.  To my knowledge, the USA cannot go and nab Canada unless they have been taken first by the Axis, as the original post suggested.  It does seem a bit funny w/ regards to the Dutch territories, but if I recall correctly, the manual states that the UK and ANZAC consider themselves the protectors of those Dutch islands - changing that logic ever so slightly.  The US wouldn’t say they protect Canada, just that they’re our hat :-D

• MikeMasino is right,
    US can’t take over UK territories in Canada even if London is under Axis control.
    Think of France ! It’s the same in North Africa,
    so i try not to invade their territories. B/c US can push their income and Italy isn’t able to hold them long enough, so they would pay off the troops & logistics you have to invest to invade and defend them (3IPC max. gain for 2-4 rounds I guess).
    So prioity with Italy is once more Egypt for me ;)

• Official Q&A

UK/ANZAC has a special agreement with the Dutch government in exile that allows them to take control (“guardianship”) of Dutch territories that are still under original (Dutch) control.  This rule does not apply to any other territories.

If this seems counter-intuitive, bear in mind that Holland is not a power in the game.  Other non-neutral territories all belong to powers.  The Dutch territories are treated in a unique way because of this.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m