• Hiho sailers  8-)

At the start of the game, Japan have 2 transport in SZ 6. If I move them to SZ 36 where USA has 1 destroyer and 1 transport. Is this a declaration of war? If I get i right, a transport is not a warship!

• I don’t have my rulebook in front of me, but I think before countries are at war with each other they can pass naval units through seazones that contain the other power’s naval units in it.

• Official Q&A

Welcome, Madmaxtiger!

You must declare war before making any combat movments.  If you don’t declare war, you may move your transports to sea zone 36 (in noncombat movement).  As Trackmagic pointed out, powers not at war may share a sea zone.  However, if you do declare war, you can’t move the transports there by themselves.  You can’t move transports alone into a combat situation, as they have no attack value.

• Thx trackmagic and Krieghund.

• @mituan:

I saw this move against me in a game I played and could not find a rule against it.
    The USA tranny from P.I. dropped a guy in Celebes to claim the IPC and help the UK NO’s.
    Is this a legal move guys?
    AC

That can only happen if the US is at war and Celebes is Japanese-held

• What if two powers share a sea zone, then the next turn Japan declares war… I’m assuming the ships in that sea zone must battle and cannot move out of that sea zone, correct?

• Official Q&A

It’s treated in exactly the same way as it normally is when ships begin the turn in a hostile sea zone, with the exception that transports may load there.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m