• I know the J3 India Crush was popular in Pacific, but whats the best tactic to take India fast in Global? Im not too keen on declaring war in the first two turns with Japan, or else Germany gets squished.

• I still like to take India on turn three. Here’s the strategy I use:

On turn 1, build three transports and an artillery. Take FIC and the four Chinese territories. Position your entire Navy off the coast of FIC. The most crucial territory to take/hold at this point is Yunnan, so position all available land units to retake this territory if the Chinese decide to counterattack there. You should be able to position 4 or 5 inf, 1 mech and 1 art. Finally, land your entire air force in Kwangsi.

On turn 2, continue sweeping China away. If they let you keep Yunnan, land your air force in that territory in preparation to strike India next turn. If they didn’t, retake it with enough ground to hold it this time and build an air base in Kwangsi so that your planes can make it next turn. Spread your navy evenly between sea zones 37 and 38 so that Britain can’t block you on your way to India next turn. Finally, build a naval base in FIC and bring the three transports you bought last turn down to SZ36. Leave a small defense fleet if they are in range of any Brit/Australian air.

On turn 3, you will be able to hit india with something like 6 inf, 5 art (1 pulled from the Manchurian garrison), 1 arm, 14 ftr, 10 tac, 4 strat. If the Brits throw everything they can into India, they’ll have something like 20 inf, 3 art, 4 ftr, 1 tac. It would take truly freak rolling to lose that battle.

This is diverging from the topic, but I’m beginning to think that if Japan pursues this strategy, Britain should write India off and begin pulling units out to defend Egypt etc. Also, if they build art on turn 1 and withdraw to West India on turn 2, they can have the capability to retake India on turn 3……

EDIT: I just realized that Britain can block you anyways if they’re not at war with you because they can put ships in the same sea zone as yours. So modify this strategy either to include a J2 declaration of war, or forget about the naval base and the three additional transports worth of units.

• EDIT: I just realized that Britain can block you anyways if they’re not at war with you because they can put ships in the same sea zone as yours. So modify this strategy either to include a J2 declaration of war, or forget about the naval base and the three additional transports worth of units.

Warships which are in the same sea-zone as yours and which become hostile on your turn cannot block your movement out of the sea-zone, eg transport can still make a combat move out of a sea-zone with enemy warships present without penalty.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m