• I know I’ve brought up several geographic quibbles lately, but this isn’t just a minor gripe.  Aden had a great deal of strategic importance to the British during the war and was a major staging ground for operations against the Italians in Somalia and the Gulf of Aden was a major supply artery between India and the Suez Canal.  A naval base there (like the one that actually existed in real life) would make it easier for the British player to move units from India to the Mediterranean.  This isn’t an inconsequential omission.

• I want an Antarctica U boat base too.

• Nazi Moon Base

nuff said

• German scientists having a chance of discovering a mystic artifact every turn which boosts morale (+1 on attacks)……

:-)

But seriously. The Aden naval base may have been important IRL, but then Malta should have an airbase, Holland should have a naval base, Sweden should have a lot of fighters and not only infantry, the US and UK should be able to attack simultaniously, Norway should be worth less IPC then Spain, Holland/Belgium/etc, etc, etc, etc.

• @oztea:

Nazi Moon Base

nuff said

:-D Awesome.

• @Tavenier:

German scientists having a chance of discovering a mystic artifact every turn which boosts morale (+1 on attacks)……

:-)

But seriously. The Aden naval base may have been important IRL, but then Malta should have an airbase, Holland should have a naval base, Sweden should have a lot of fighters and not only infantry, the US and UK should be able to attack simultaniously, Norway should be worth less IPC then Spain, Holland/Belgium/etc, etc, etc, etc.

‘the outpost’ is based on true facts? ^^

• Axis and Allies is not a WW2 simulator. A&A is a boardgame with a WW2 theme. Any cries for lack of realism or lack of historicity, are neither here nor there. The only factors relevant to game design are balance and replayablility.

• @rockrobinoff:

Axis and Allies is not a WW2 simulator. A&A is a boardgame with a WW2 theme. Any cries for lack of realism or lack of historicity, are neither here nor there. The only factors relevant to game design are balance and replayablility.

Im sure the word you were looking for was, Historical Accuracy, cause im not quite sure what historicity means  :-P

And of course things cant be 100% accurate to how things were historically, otherwise, the axis would lose every time.

• If there had to be a historical mistake on the AAE game, I think leaving out the Aden naval base would be the one i’d choose (along with making Sierra Leone neutral… it doesn’t affect the game at all)

• @GrizzlyMan:

If there had to be a historical mistake on the AAE game, I think leaving out the Aden naval base would be the one i’d choose (along with making Sierra Leone neutral… it doesn’t affect the game at all)

The one I’d choose is have the RN able to survive G1

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m