• Good day!
    I’m organizing an Axis & Allies tournament at a local game shop(more on that later!), and as we’re trying to get in as many games as possible over the course of a day, I had a brief rules question for the A&A players on here.
    We will be using the Axis & Allies Spring 1942 edition of the game for the tournament, and to win the game, one side or the other must control nine out of twelve Victory Cities after a full round of play. In order to speed things up, there will be a limit on the number of rounds played. The exact number of rounds has not been decided upon yet, though we seem to be leaning towards four rounds total.
    The big question is this: In the event that both sides are still tied at six Victory Cities each, what would be the best way to determine the victor?
    Your responses would be extremely helpful!

• A playoff round? In my experiences the game speeds up a lot after the 4th round. Rounds 5 and 6 go fast and you usually know who is going to win by round 6 or 7.

• @templarjr:

Good day!
    I’m organizing an Axis & Allies tournament at a local game shop(more on that later!), and as we’re trying to get in as many games as possible over the course of a day, I had a brief rules question for the A&A players on here.
    We will be using the Axis & Allies Spring 1942 edition of the game for the tournament, and to win the game, one side or the other must control nine out of twelve Victory Cities after a full round of play. In order to speed things up, there will be a limit on the number of rounds played. The exact number of rounds has not been decided upon yet, though we seem to be leaning towards four rounds total.
    The big question is this: In the event that both sides are still tied at six Victory Cities each, what would be the best way to determine the victor?
    Your responses would be extremely helpful!

Go here and click on the Revised box. http://www.geocities.com/headlesshorseman2/GENCONOriginsTournamentpage.html  There is a Mega (Revised) Tournament Rules page that has an section called Winning the Game. This might help you.

• Thanks! I searched for hours and never found that. This was exactly what I needed.

• @templarjr:

Thanks! I searched for hours and never found that. This was exactly what I needed.

Anything to help out a fellow AA42 player.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m