• 2023 '22

Hello,
    I am relatively new to the game. I will play my 4th A&A game this weekend and I will be commanding Allies. I am having hard time to find a reasonable strategy for Britain. I will definitely be after the Kill Germans First approach.  I am currently working on a way to build a small British Navy so I can transfer my land units to Europe to conquer German regions. In the first round I will attack German North Atlantic Fleet and hopefully destroy it. Then I would like to construct my Navy. However, I am afraid that German bomber and fighters will destroy my ships as soon as I build something around Britain. Given that I start with only 30 IPC. Could someone help me how I can develop a fleet that is not so fragile to German air force.
    Thanks in advance.

• You start with a battleship that will be there on UK1. You can buy a carrier and a fighter and save 4. Attack the German baltic fleet with 2 ftrs and a bomber(unless they built a carrier). You should survive with 1 ftr. Land it and the built ftr on the carrier.

• 2023 '22

My opponent consistently destroys the British battleship in the beginning when it is German’s turn 1. So I have never had an opportunity to use it. So I need to plan without that battleship.

• @mozkaynak:

My opponent consistently destroys the British battleship in the beginning when it is German’s turn 1. So I have never had an opportunity to use it. So I need to plan without that battleship.

How does he kill it? If you bring the Russian sub to that zone, he as only a 35% chance of winning with 1 sub, ftr, and bmr.

• Unless Germany has attacked the UK transport on SZ1 the UK initially has the start BB and 2 transports available. This can be initially enough if that fleet is joined by the US fleet and russian sub off SZ12 (and landing units in Algeria to help retake Africa). I usually buy 2 ftrs, 2 inf and 1 art then and on UK2 get a carrier and move the fleet to SZ6 to take Norway.
    After that the UK will just need transports since the German airforce needs more to break through a screen of 6 transports, 1 AC, 1 BB, 1 DD and 2 ftrs.

• 2023 '22

I will double check how come my friend (well also my opponent) manages to kill my battleship in the first turn all the time.

• @mozkaynak:

I will double check how come my friend (well also my opponent) manages to kill my battleship in the first turn all the time.

Do you move the Russian sub to link with the Z2 navy? That decreases the chances from 70% to 35%

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m