• Is there any rule against aggressive American expansionism in South America? If there isn’t an Axis d.o.w. on the U.S., is there anything that prevents it from conquering the neutrals in South America for the first three turns and picking up a few more I.C.'s while it waits to get involved in the global conflict? Although it doesn’t really need more money, there could be some definite advantages for the U.S. to having some air and naval bases south of the equator.

• It can’t go into neutrals while it is neutral.

• If there isn’t an Axis declaration of war on the U.S, the U.S isn’t allowed to go into any neutrals, p. 15 Movement.

• however it could arrange an epic set of strikes to go off as soon as the axis declares war.

US declares itself an independent power and fights both the axis and allies

• I think most US players will pick up a couple of S.A.  nations once war is on, especially if it goes to Rd4

• @jeffdestroyer:

I think most US players will pick up a couple of S.A.  nations once war is on, especially if it goes to Rd4

If it takes anything other than Brazil, all true neutrals become pro-axis, an Italy will get 8 inf in Turkey, 6 inf in Spain, japan will get 6 inf in Mongolia, Germany will get 2 inf in Switzerland, 6 inf in Sweden, and 2 inf in portugal

• You r right.  Need to look closer at the board.  I thought Venez. was pro allies.

• US declares itself an independent power and fights both the axis and allies

At 86 IPCs, the US can hold its own for a while against everyone else. I think I have my first global variation…

• Only 86?

Hahaha you forgot to ad 7 for Canada

• @oztea:

Only 86?

Hahaha you forgot to ad 7 for Canada

Can all of South America

• Hahaha you forgot to ad 7 for Canada

Hahahaha, good point. Canada and S. America bring it up to 101 IPCs. More than enough to hold off all of the other powers!  :-D

• Only if there not allowed to invade eachother for NO bonus monies  :evil:

• i’ve been thinking
    US takes south-america at midgame, while britain/US takes turkey, portugal and perhaps spain, and sweden perhaps to brits or russians
    and those few IPC’s in africa can help aswell

okay, perhaps not a good plan, but it’s an idea of attacking the neutrals, if they can give you advantages in money…

• Customizer

Can’t understand why Mexico, West Indies and Central America don’t all start Pro-Allied.  They fixed Brazil, so why not these?

• Can’t understand why Mexico, West Indies and Central America don’t all start Pro-Allied.  They fixed Brazil, so why not these?

I agree. It would have made more sense historically and gameplay-wise for all of these to be pro-allied neutral.

• @GrizzlyMan:

Can’t understand why Mexico, West Indies and Central America don’t all start Pro-Allied.  They fixed Brazil, so why not these?

I agree. It would have made more sense historically and gameplay-wise for all of these to be pro-allied neutral.

i think the reason are the british and the russians (and why not, the french)
    i sometimes have in my games that the UK takes brazil, which makes it quite unhistorical
    imaging USSR taking mexico…

• Cuba Puerto was US owned ;), so…

West Indies were largely UK/FR and Dutch posessions

Mexico could have been invaded by Russia - the go after Trotzky

• Hyper-Monroe Doctrine + Spain = Allied win?

How many G4’s see large axis forces in France or Normandy/S.France to counter?

Would this Force axis to build up in France on turn 5 and interrupt a Russian front?

Details below:
    If you were set on making Spain your landing spot for U.S. Units. You could transport your entire production mid to late game with two 10 transport fleets (one at sz101 and one at sz91) and a tiny defensive Navy. (Unless the axis counter with large air or Naval builds)

Costs: Axis plunder 5 IPCs (Sweden and Turkey) plus gain 16 infantry (Europe forum) and a second front near France. Allies lose 9 estimated infantry (6 if Africa/Mid East ignored) from battles that last an estimated 1 combat round that see the neutrals hitting once if 2-3 units and 2 times for Spain.

Benefits: Allies plunder 13 IPCs (9 likely as Africa/Mid East may be hard)  and are 1 zone from France. IPCs: (Venezuela2, Argentina2, Chile2, Spain2, Portugal1, Angola1, Mozambique1, Saudi Arabia2)

Plans and Goals:
    Turn 4 the US sends 1 transport to Brazil to gain 3 men for Argentina, 2 transports each to Chile (sz65) and Venezuela. Hit Spain and Portugal turn 5 (as this gives the axis time to send a unit there so you can kill more units when you land) as you will have more transports plus the 3 in Venezuela and Brazil.

If you violate neutrals on Turn 4 with U.S. the axis could not get the money or infantry until turn 5 and then only if they still have a unit next to Sweden or Turkey. Since Greece is next to Turkey, it may be wise to hit Turkey with Russia on R4 or just send your free Novosibirsk units to Volgograd to defend against this new southern front as I5 and I6 are spent moving there. Unless Italy had a stack in Greece on I4, you will likely face 8 infantry and whatever was in Greece if anything on R7.

Summary and Supporting Ideas:
    This idea may prove to be a loser for the allies, but the money saved on Navy lets the U.S. drop off 20 units a turn on Spain US7 or later, with an income of 76 IPCs. The U.S. gains 9 IPCs vs German’s 3 and Italy’s 2.

Add a U.S. factory in Spain US6 and that jumps to 23 units a turn in Spain; 26 units in Europe if the US has Normandy.  UK is a “can opener” unless Italy blocks. UK can send units from Quebec to Spain turn 5 or 4 if you choose to give them Spain or Portugal and staged transports off N. Brunswick.

By always having 10 transports off Gibraltar, Italy has to defend N. Italy, and Rome constantly. Which means Germany will be faced with most of the defensive work at France.

Unless Italy keeps units in France, UK can always “open the door” by clearing Normandy and allow any U.S. units that move 2 to seize W. Germany for a round, forcing some units to retake it…this could help if you found a small 10 stack (production) there. Forcing Italy to capture the UK space or face any U.S. planes landing with the U.S. stack.

Remember from Spain if you move to S. France, the axis will be forced to attack you or try to defend N.ITaly and France at the same time. You can also choose Normandy and make the axis defend France and W. Germany or attack you.

(click reply)

• America would just take them the first few turns anyway so maybe they figured whats the point. It would only give the USA extra guys which is the last thing they need.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m