• I don’t know if this is a House rule but I’ve been mulling over something for a while. I thought it would be neat to include the Waffen SS somehow into AAE40 and AA42.

I’ve had two concepts in mind. Most important of all is differentiating the units from each other. For this I got a regular Wehrmacht soldier and painted his base white and put the SS insignia on the base.

1st concept.
    Have the SS unit cost as much as an artillery and have the same affect, upgrade an infantry to 2 or less during attack and attack at 2 or less. When in battle Wehrmacht soldiers were inspired by the tenacity of the SS and how hard they fought. I thought that being pretty much an artillery would represent this.

2nd concept.
    Have them act and cost like a tank. My idea behind this was that the SS were like the kamikaze of the Third Reich. They were totally dedicated to the party and would fight extremely hard to preserve the Reich. Also SS instilled fear into the forces they faced and had the best weapons, by having them act as a tank, 2/3/3, they could demonstrate that.

• I use an innovative concept in My Global 39. Each nation has a number of ‘special army groups’ represented by tokens. What this is a combination of two units: armor, mech

Special Army Groups:
    Each major nation may form a number of ‘elite’ armies composing of two of the following types of units:

Armor
    Mechanized Infantry
    Self- Propelled Artillery (with Technology)
    Heavy Tanks (with technology)

Germany can form a total of six Waffen SS representing high echelon Panzerkorps.
    (Not more than 3 on the board at the same time).

Italy can have one elite army (DAK- “Africa Korps”)

Japan can have one elite army (Kwangtung Army)

Soviet Union can form a total of 6 Shock Armies representing high echelon Guard units.
    (Not more than 3 on the board at the same time).

British can have one elite army (8th Army)

Americans can have one elite army (3rd Army)

With each group of units, they fire first in all combat rounds (as either attacker or defender) and loses are removed before enemy units have an opportunity to fire. All nations start with one of these on turn 3 and can designate one new elite unit each turn. If these units are destroyed in combat they may not be brought back. Up to six German and Soviet army groups of these types may be formed in total during the entire game and if they face each other in combat, German, Soviet, Italian, American, Japanese, and finally British, groups fire in this order. Tokens will be used to delineate these units.

• I really like that concept :-D

Much more complex and thought out than mine. :-o

Do you have a link to your rules? And what kind of tokens do you use, is there a printable version?

• I used Waffen SS for years.

Take a look on that.
    Better than tokens!
    Afrika Korps. Panzergrenadier, Waffen SS (black uniform), Paratroopers.
    http://www.mediafire.com/i/?ntjyozmjyjj

• http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=18439.0

one of the links had tokens for the various elite armies, just print and put decal on a chip and under the units.

• IL are you planning on making French specials to act as the resistance?

• France has no special army. AS far as this so called “resistance” the effect of “collaboration” was much more effective for Germany historically and they don’t need any more extras in the design.

Partisans in Soviet Russia is another story. But Global 1939 is a KISS concept. No added value flavor, just bang for the buck. I avoided complex rules. This one is essentially what i felt AAG40 should have been if it was in 1939.

• hey IL do you think that spies could be represented in the special army rules too  :?

• I guess tokens could work, but the spy’s only exist to steal technology or to thwart the same. I guess that could work.

• If some one got a good spy rules…let me know.

• Spies: These cost 10 IPC each and can be assigned in secret to any specific enemy player’s technology category (land, sea or air). If that player decides to develop a technology in this category and it succeeds, the spy may be revealed and the spy gets to roll obtaining technology on a roll of 4-6. Note: the Soviet player is the only player that can send spies to his own allies and they cost 5 IPC.

Counter Spy: Each player may buy a super spy which can be used to eliminate the enemy spy 1:1 basis but this is also assigned to a specific technology category (land, sea or air) to any technologies that can be developed.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m